agentfive

agentfive

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Being in California, I bought a front plate decal -- which is reflective and looks identical to the metal license plate (you take a picture and send it in). I used a company in Canada, but there are a few options out there. I plan to do the same for my Texas plate, and I do not care if the state legislature has caught up to that law or not -- the point is to be legible, and these are much more legible than the often-seen smoked plate covers you see. I'll happily take the risk of having to talk to a judge at some point, but I will not be permanently defacing my truck for anyone.
I think I may try this - I've ordered a two hook mount but I doubt I'll be able to take the non-centered look of it - but in the interim it gets me coverage. Thanks for this POV - agreed - nothing Wrong with a decal and it's just as visible - can you share a pic of yours?
Sponsored

MichaelD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sprinter 4x4 camper van (170)
Last edited:

Sponsored

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Front decals are permitted in CA.

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
I had Rivian mount the plate on my R1T. Problem was, it limited the front camera view. So, I took it off. I’ll carry in the frunk, but doubt I’ll ever need it. I figure about half the cars on the road don’t have front plates, in spite of the fact they are required by law.

Sponsored

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

I have a SnapPlate, and upgraded to the SnapPlate Gen 2 when they became available.

That said, the decal looks pretty slick.

Smeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (Quad Motor, Granite
Occupation
physician
is MA strict about a front plate? I'm in CT and it's technically a 2 plate state but it doesn't appear to be enforced here. I hate the look of a front plate so it works out for me.

YellowR1T

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired Air Force
Clubs

Why do all these options seem to suggest removing the plate holders prior to touchless car wash? Are they all that delicate?

runwithscissors

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, MDX, R1S
I just use the tow hook mount. Easy peasy.
Me too, no sensor issues so I guess I lucked out with the BrainExploder Tow Hook Plate Mount for Rivian R1T and R1S. So glad I didn't get the center drilled out or have to opt for SnapPlate which blocks the camera a bit.
Sponsored