Sponsored

Camp Speaker doesn't turn "off" when docked?

4tangledkites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
I've only had my R1T for 10days, so I'm trying to understand some of the oddities, and making sure they are just bad designs, not broken hardware/software.

After playing with the camp speaker in my house on Friday, I apparently put it back into the R1T while "on" (but not playing music). I assumed it would turn off, but multiple times over the weekend I would be in my house only to find my phone connected to the camp speaker and playing music and podcast. Mind you, I had not been in the truck at all...but my garage is close to my kitchen. I thought I was crazy at first, then tried to blame the phone, but I'm pretty certain its the R1T. Pulled the speaker out this morning and sure enough it was "on". I think I've turned it off now, so we'll see.

Is this the intended behavior?
Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
It will randomly awaken, yes...I was once camping nearby after using it and put it back and it started playing music at 3 am. This has only happened 2 or 3 times in 18 months, but manually turning it off before putting it back in its slot should solve it.

OP
OP

4tangledkites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
So turning the speaker "off" has not solved anything. It still seems to wake up (probably because the truck woke up), and then it connects to my phone (which is in my house) and plays music/podcasts. The only solution I have thus far is to disconnect the bluetooth from my phone.

I'm putting in a service ticket, as maybe I have a software glitch or something. Seems obvious to me that the speaker should not activate while in the dock.

MinnR1S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90 T8
Clubs

The speaker is an odd item for me as well.
Charging seems to not work well in the vehicle. The rest of the features seem fine.
I just look at this a standard BT speaker, with a fitted case.

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I've only had my R1T for 10days, so I'm trying to understand some of the oddities, and making sure they are just bad designs, not broken hardware/software.

After playing with the camp speaker in my house on Friday, I apparently put it back into the R1T while "on" (but not playing music). I assumed it would turn off, but multiple times over the weekend I would be in my house only to find my phone connected to the camp speaker and playing music and podcast. Mind you, I had not been in the truck at all...but my garage is close to my kitchen. I thought I was crazy at first, then tried to blame the phone, but I'm pretty certain its the R1T. Pulled the speaker out this morning and sure enough it was "on". I think I've turned it off now, so we'll see.

Is this the intended behavior?
I turned mine off after using it one afternoon. The next day, I was playing a podcast with my earbuds while doing some work in the house and the sound just stopped. I looked at bluetooth on my iPhone and it had reconnected to the Camp Speaker, which was in the R1S, docked and supposedly turned off, and at least 30 feet away through two walls. The mysteries of Bluetooth.

Gkfisher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Same. Camp speaker is nice add but crappy auto wake up and take over devices is kinda crappy
Sponsored