Sponsored

Can we stop asking for CarPlay now? "The next generation of Apple CarPlay will take over all of the screens, sensors and gauges in a car..."

racekarl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
And as others have noted, AA 2.0 is super intrusive and restrictive, being all or nothing. This would jeopardize Rivian's loving relationship with Amazon, who helps pay the bills.
You're begging the question. The only evidence in this thread so far that AA 2.0 is anything at all comes from this DOJ document, which, as others have actually noted, is pretty thin when it comes to facts.
Sponsored

hekhl00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Rivian Blue Ocean Coast Adventure Package
From the Apple anti-trust suit:

1711043594338-vz.png
I will happily stop asking for CP when Rivian delivers similar content. And it doesn't appear that's going to happen any time soon. I so often see comments about how the Rivian interface is so superior to CP. That's all well and good but for me the issue is what does the Rivian system offer? At this point we still have no voice to text, Apple Music, Waze, onX, Google Maps, YouTube Music, ABRP, WhatsApp, Apple Podcasts and the list just goes on and on. CP is about ease of use and content and right now Rivian is nowhere close on content.

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

How would you know what colors their bubbles are if you're not on iMessage?
Because you iPeople talk about it incessantly. It's almost like your phone manufacturer has created a false barrier in your minds that prevents you from exiting to a better product...

beaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t, mx-5
Because you iPeople talk about it incessantly. It's almost like your phone manufacturer has created a false barrier in your minds that prevents you from exiting to a better product...
What makes you think I haven’t tried Android?

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

In this case of Carplay, I think that wording is misleading. I am sure Apple said the next version 'could' do those things not 'will' do those things.
I just wanted to say thank you for being the voice of reason on these super reactionary posts.
Sponsored