Sponsored

Is Mobile Service Still Effective?

moondoggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Mini
Seeing lots of posts about service issues and months long wait times (in this camp myself) both for appointments and for resolution once Rivian SC has the vehicle.

As new owners, customer support often reassures us that outside of the long waits at the service centers that “85% of issues can be resolved with mobile service.” Is this realistic?

I get the impression a majority of people are in lines at the service centers and not a ton is being resolved through mobile.

Looking for recent (2024) anecdotal data points including regional info — is mobile service being implemented in a truly effective way…or perhaps not?

Thanks!
Sponsored

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
I just sent service inquiry regarding a 22,500 mile service appointment…. Surprised to hear back that they are going to send mobile tech to my home to perform the service. I’m 4-6 hour drive from four different service centers.

OP
OP
moondoggy

moondoggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Mini
I just sent service inquiry regarding a 22,500 mile service appointment…. Surprised to hear back that they are going to send mobile tech to my home to perform the service. I’m 4-6 hour drive from four different service centers.
Thank you. How many days out is your appt?

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
I sent the request on June 12th and they scheduled mobile tech for July 18th…

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Seeing lots of posts about service issues and months long wait times (in this camp myself) both for appointments and for resolution once Rivian SC has the vehicle.

As new owners, customer support often reassures us that outside of the long waits at the service centers that “85% of issues can be resolved with mobile service.” Is this realistic?

I get the impression a majority of people are in lines at the service centers and not a ton is being resolved through mobile.

Looking for recent (2024) anecdotal data points including regional info — is mobile service being implemented in a truly effective way…or perhaps not?

Thanks!
I've never had a service request performed by mobile service - they've wanted me to drive 2 hours each time to Cleveland to bring it in. I just submitted a new request from my new Max Pack R1T and requested mobile service, so we'll see if that holds true.

That said, every recall has been done by mobile service, except for the washers in the axel splines.

Sponsored

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
It seems entirely dependent on the particular service center and their staffing. I couldn’t even get mobile service for a tire rotation nor could I get an accurate price quote.
Service is Rivian’s current weakest point

SparkyR1t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t/Model Y
Occupation
Retired Commercial Electrician and mechanic
Last time I had a mobile visit I learned the tech normally worked at the seevice center but they had him roving in an R1T that day. So I wonder if there is a dedicated mobile team or not

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Last time I had a mobile visit I learned the tech normally worked at the seevice center but they had him roving in an R1T that day. So I wonder if there is a dedicated mobile team or not
I’d expect they rotate, and probsbly don’t have enough people.

Magicbus

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Performance R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Occupation
Retired
We have a service guy that seems to support the 30+ Rivians on our island every 6 weeks. Even for one issue they seem to come here. So far, so happy.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
The tech here in San Antonio is awesome. He’s replaced my hubs and axels, replaced spline washers once, and tonneau cover replacement all in my garage, plus many other odds and ends. He goes all the way to Blue Origin in west Texas and services their Rivians plus the entire Texas Hill Country area. He has an actual van though, and not a Rivian one since Blue Origin is 7 hrs away. I’m sure they’ll direct me to the service center here when it opens in August though. Will miss the convenience.

Sponsored

KRG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T DM
Occupation
Tech Bro
Clubs

Every service I’ve done, they’ve called and tried to push mobile and were able to schedule me for the following week. Mine were relatively minor…panel adjustment, crunching noise from rear window when lowered. The second one I did mobile and the tech was great and fixed the issue.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

I have an appt for at-center service in a few weeks. It's not for urgent issues, and required a part to be available (powered bed cover). Meanwhile I was able to get mobile service out quickly to remove my dead cover so the bed would stay usable. It took quit some work to hack it out of there and break it apart. Mobile service was efficient SUPER friendly and helpful.
Sponsored