Sponsored

Max Charging Limit Override option in service menu

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I was in the service menu and saw this... Anyone else seen it or know what it does? I think I just unlocked the constant 220kW charging! ⚡⚡⚡⚡

Rivian R1T R1S Max Charging Limit Override option in service menu 1000009298
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Probably refers to SOC charging limit but just a guess.

Sponsored

Chris TX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model S, Volt
Clubs

Well that's was a let down...

1000009315.png
USDOT regulations state you cannot ship a gas/diesel vehicle with over 50% fuel. The regulations say nothing about EV SoC so the expectation is that batteries would not be charged over 50% during transit, just to keep the spirit of the regualtion.

I can also see this being good for fleet or rentals limiting them to ~90% to save battery life.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Well that was a let down...

1000009315.png
I always wanted to check it out but was too chicken shit... I thought it would allow the charging curve to be temporarily less restricted, and allow a service center to DCFC at a more consistent rate than normal to ensure quick turnaround.

OP
OP
Riviot

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I always wanted to check it out but was too chicken shit... I thought it would allow the charging curve to be temporarily less restricted, and allow a service center to DCFC at a more consistent rate than normal to ensure quick turnaround.
I wonder if this can be used to push the Standard to Standard+ limits? Like if it's the same code limiting Standard to 85% 👀. If a Standard user plugging in 99, maybe miles go beyond 270 and % goes 💥

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

USDOT regulations state you cannot ship a gas/diesel vehicle with over 50% fuel. The regulations say nothing about EV SoC so the expectation is that batteries would not be charged over 50% during transit, just to keep the spirit of the regualtion.

I can also see this being good for fleet or rentals limiting them to ~90% to save battery life.
Folks shipping to Hawaii have said things about what the shipping company requires.

Sponsored

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

I wonder if this can be used to push the Standard to Standard+ limits? Like if it's the same code limiting Standard to 85% 👀. If a Standard user plugging in 99, maybe miles go beyond 270 and % goes 💥
I'm about 99% certain that Standard+ is just the physical size of the Standard battery with the chemistry boost of the Max Pack. The % increase between S and S+ is identical to the % increase from Large to Max.

OP
OP
Riviot

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I'm about 99% certain that Standard+ is just the physical size of the Standard battery with the chemistry boost of the Max Pack. The % increase between S and S+ is identical to the % increase from Large to Max.
So why hide the BMS data?

Has anyone changed any settings in the ride menu?
Double-dog dare me and I'll do it.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
saaaame

OP
OP
Riviot

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Well then explain the guides and other Rivian employees telling customers receiving Standard it is a software-locked Standard+...

We have a payload sticker for a Standard R1T on 21s, no spare, just need the same in a Standard+ and 🤯
Sponsored