Sponsored

RivianDeac

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 Recharge
Also my wife’s volvo xc40 recharge sat at 100% for a week, when it dropped to 99%. True story.
Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
All of the other EVs I've owned will only lose maybe 1-2% over that period.
1-2% in 4 weeks would be awesome. I would even get excited with 1-2% in a week.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
FWIW my Polestar 2 has like no drain, but I did notice this week after the new update I haven't had much vamp drain on Rivian, so hopefully that'll help your situation in future.

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

When I go on vacation I plug in the 120v connector that was the car does not lose charge, usually when I get back the truck is at 100%. I have had cases where I could not do that, but I am mindful to charge the truck up before I leave. I know this sucks, but just best practices I have implemented. On another note, I do leave gear guard on. I like to know what went on around my truck when I was gone.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Is this not what the existing Shipping Mode is?
Unfortunately no, people have reported little or no difference in vampire drain when in "Shipping Mode".

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
When I go on vacation I plug in the 120v connector that was the car does not lose charge, usually when I get back the truck is at 100%. I have had cases where I could not do that, but I am mindful to charge the truck up before I leave. I know this sucks, but just best practices I have implemented. On another note, I do leave gear guard on. I like to know what went on around my truck when I was gone.
Best to set charging to 70 and not 100 unless you plan to use it soon after

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
As some previous posts mentioned, I'm suspicious that they have a fundamental hardware architecture issue that is preventing, or continuously interrupting, what we might call a "deep sleep" of all the controllers in the vehicle.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Rivian is using all of our trucks to Blockchain and harvest bitcoins. Didn't you know that? It's in their quarterly reports. Do you guys even read those?!

Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Our plugin hybrid barely had any vampire drain. But why the apologists post? This isn't on you OP, this is very bad battery management Rivian has. It's a problem when these companies do the "over the air update", basically releasing subpar software to hopefully get fixed on their timeline if ever. Then post popup with the "I should have known this". How is that?
How much vampire drain does your Rivian have?

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
Long thread, I assume someone posted how to revive a dead R1, it's in the manual: jump the 12V from the hitch receiver, open the hood, charge the 12V, then charge the traction battery.
The 12V batteries might need to be charged in parallel with a healthy 12V battery. "Smart" battery chargers can refuse to try to charge a fully depleted car battery, adding a healthy 12V in parallel can rescue the dead battery.

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
Rivian is using all of our trucks to Blockchain and mine bitcoins. Didn't you know that? It's in their quarterly reports. Do you guys even read those?!
So $RIVN is dragging down $BTC?
This a double whammy.

EVnewb

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna, Tesla MYP, R1T
NOCO makes a really good portable jump box, the GB70. It’s a smart jumper, but has a manual override which lets you charge a completely flat battery. I keep one in each vehicle just incase and even jumped a dead F-350 7.3 with one a few weeks ago.

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
Leaving vehicle for a few weeks is not out of ordinary. Rivian should address this properly and provide a way to turn off the vehicle, like a hard off. Even if I leaved it plugged in, it can have a charger error. It happened to me yesterday for the first time.

I don't/won't own a Tesla, so I don't care of it has the same problem. I have 2 other cars that can be left for 2 months without any problem. Both started on first crank.
Sponsored