Sponsored

JohnnyRocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Porsche 911 C4S, 2022 Rivian R1T
Amazon had the 21" on sale last summer so I ordered 4 for $1,671 (including tax). Stored them in my garage to avoid "tire anxiety". I have 24,000 miles on the originals (5K, 5 tire rotations) and I am almost to the wear bars. Will be looking for a tire service to mount and balance soon.

Hopefully there will be alternatives when these need to be replaced.
Sponsored

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Been another few weeks.... anyone see any evidence of these getting released yet?

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Been another few weeks.... anyone see any evidence of these getting released yet?
I spoke to Michelin customer rep about a month ago and they have no idea or clue of it even exist. The discount tire rep in this forum thinks it will be summer time.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Seriously. My stock Pirelli's aren't going to make it at this rate. 28k and counting....

Sponsored

willk66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Ford Maverick
Occupation
retired
I really want to get a Rivian RT1 but for the road tire there is no alternative but one really expensive tire or get the AT 21' but lose a lot of range. Then they won't give you all the details about a lease unless you put down a $1000 non-refundable deposit. Insurance costs are all over the place.

ddimit

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S, Ford f150 lightning
Occupation
Tech manager
Clubs

I really want to get a Rivian RT1 but for the road tire there is no alternative but one really expensive tire or get the AT 21' but lose a lot of range. Then they won't give you all the details about a lease unless you put down a $1000 non-refundable deposit. Insurance costs are all over the place.
The 21's are a turn off to me as well I hate having limited selection. And I'm not sure about the insurance. I'm picking up a Qaud Large Wed and selling my 2015 Tesla Model S, and the quote I got today was 500 less a year than I was paying on the S. I thought it would be higher.

djsider2

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

The 21's are a turn off to me as well I hate having limited selection. And I'm not sure about the insurance. I'm picking up a Qaud Large Wed and selling my 2015 Tesla Model S, and the quote I got today was 500 less a year than I was paying on the S. I thought it would be higher.
Which company are you with?

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

It’s been 22 months and 17,000 miles with the original set of 21” tires and I don’t think I can wait much longer to replace. Will probably use Rivian service next month as the Discount Tire cost was the same and Rivian will supposedly come out to my place to make the switch. While I wish there were more options or that Pirelli figured out a way to make these last a little longer, I will be sticking with the 21s. Mostly for the range benefit but I have also found them to be a comfortable, quiet, ride and the snow performance is adequate.

Sponsored

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
;)

But seriously what thread do you have ? I am at 14k and got down to 6/32. There is no way I will get to 25k and still have any thread left
You'll have to look at a penny depth conversion table to see. I've always gone by the penny test and swap all my tires out once any one of them hits the top of Lincoln's head (the only exception being a replacement tire that has more than half the mileage left on it from when it was replaced).

I've been pleased with the tires longevity due to their ridiculous price. I always run in all-purpose. I live in Georgia and drive on mixed surfaces but commute a lot. I don't consider my driving aggressive or Grandpa-like. I do see more life on my tires than most though.
Sponsored