G.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Audi S5 Cabriolet, 4 Wranglers
Occupation
Professional Email Deleter
Nope fm radio still broken
I thought i was the only one. Do you have tune-in issues as well. I think that one works only when it feels like it.
Sponsored

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Yes, I stream from my phone with AppleMusic.

Scenario: Spotify goes into “premium commercial mode”. I switch to my BT phone. Trouble is, it’s playing The Beach Boys greatest hits from last weekend when we were beach bound, but today I’m pissed at the guy at the light in front of me who is on his phone adjusting his playlists. I want to Rage on some NIN now.

Now I have to pick up my phone and use my fingers, or manually use Siri to change my playlist.

Now the person behind me at the light is pissed that I’m on my phone.

God forbid I’m not at a light and Driver+ is ping ponging so much I’m seasick. (Or I’m in the left lane waiting for it to charge into the guardrail)

So I just hit the FM button and grumble about NO CARPLAY!

:)

Again, this is 2-3 a week. I’m only half way exaggerating.

FM always delivers a nice boomer hug of NPR when I’m annoyed with the music situation.

Do you not stream audio from your phone?

We’ve been using Bluetooth audio instead. I listen to music from Spotify, from my Apple Music library, and stuff HiFi stuff from Tidal.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

I thought i was the only one. Do you have tune-in issues as well. I think that one works only when it feels like it.
TuneIn and Spotify mostly work pretty well thankfully

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Few visual changes unless my memory is off
lTE for cell signal is much smaller text
I think the font for the clock and temp are larger
I now have a permanent notification icon bell - but no dot showing there is a notification.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Few visual changes unless my memory is off
lTE for cell signal is much smaller text
I think the font for the clock and temp are larger
I now have a permanent notification icon bell - but no dot showing there is a notification.
Font for time and temp is a different font. Kinda bothers me, I didn't have issues seeing the other font and now the display is inconsistent. My notification bell has a dot, but I have a persistent notification about DC charging performance being affected.
Alexa seems to talk very slightly faster now as well.

Sponsored

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Someone report back what this process is and why you have to call Rivian once you have done so. Seems like there is something they need to verbally or physically verify with the truck over the phone before they remote initiate the OTA install?
It installed the latest version. So it’s up to date. I did call them and they asked me to do an infotainment reboot. Didn’t change the message.
they noted it, said give it 24 hours/sleep cycle.
could just be that they have it pointed to the wrong string :)
May not know for a month until next update.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Yes, I stream from my phone with AppleMusic.

Scenario: Spotify goes into “premium commercial mode”. I switch to my BT phone. Trouble is, it’s playing The Beach Boys greatest hits from last weekend when we were beach bound, but today I’m pissed at the guy at the light in front of me who is on his phone adjusting his playlists. I want to Rage on some NIN now.

Now I have to pick up my phone and use my fingers, or manually use Siri to change my playlist.

Now the person behind me at the light is pissed that I’m on my phone.

God forbid I’m not at a light and Driver+ is ping ponging so much I’m seasick. (Or I’m in the left lane waiting for it to charge into the guardrail)

So I just hit the FM button and grumble about NO CARPLAY!

:)

Again, this is 2-3 a week. I’m only half way exaggerating.

FM always delivers a nice boomer hug of NPR when I’m annoyed with the music situation.
Yeah it is quite a fumble, however I did notice with Apple Music and having music physically in my library (stuff I've collected over the past 2 decades, it's all searchable and can be navigated from within the screen.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
Do you not stream audio from your phone?

My wife and I have our own Spotify accounts, and I really wish Rivian would tie a Spotify account to a profile.

We’ve been using Bluetooth audio instead. I listen to music from Spotify, from my Apple Music library, and stuff HiFi stuff from Tidal.
I do use BT but it's severely lack in usability. It's just ridiculous the onboard Spotify is both UI terrible and cannot sync with your account for podcast episode status, etc. Also silly Amazon Music is not natively supported. All complaints which wouldn't exist with Carplay/AA implementation of course. ;)

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I do use BT but it's severely lack in usability. It's just ridiculous the onboard Spotify is both UI terrible and cannot sync with your account for podcast episode status, etc. Also silly Amazon Music is not natively supported. All complaints which wouldn't exist with Carplay/AA implementation of course. ;)
More music apps are coming...I'm thinking Amazon Music will be one of the first. In the meantime, it works really well to navigate it by voice with Alexa....with some practice.

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
More music apps are coming...I'm thinking Amazon Music will be one of the first. In the meantime, it works really well to navigate it by voice with Alexa....with some practice.
This may need a separate thread, but anyone having problems setting up Alexa? On my apps screen for login/setup, the options are all grayed out and non-responsive.

Sponsored

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
I just want to seamlessly listen to my podcasts across devices, just like I have for years with almost any other vehicle. I would switch to Spotify if the Rivian version could handle that simple task.

But infotainment is basically my only complaint. LOVE the truck! 5k miles and counting.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
This may need a separate thread, but anyone having problems setting up Alexa? On my apps screen for login/setup, the options are all grayed out and non-responsive.
A display reset (hold outside steering wheel buttons for 15 sec) might fix that.

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD
I just want to seamlessly listen to my podcasts across devices, just like I have for years with almost any other vehicle. I would switch to Spotify if the Rivian version could handle that simple task.

But infotainment is basically my only complaint. LOVE the truck! 5k miles and counting.
I know that audible syncs between devices, at least for audiobooks. may not be the same for podcasts within that app. funny that certain things sync and others don't. I just say "Alexa play my audible" when I get in the car and I'm up and running.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Are you in PARK? Many of the audio settings will be disabled if you're in Drive.
Sponsored