Odd issue - Steering wheel position changed by itself

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I've had my R1S Quad for almost a year now with no issues. No major complaints at all, in fact.

This morning I got into the driver's seat as I do every morning and noticed the steering wheel was extended all the way forward (closer to seat). I'm the only one who drives the vehicle and nobody touched it since it was parked the previous afternoon after work. Nobody else in my family has the app. No other drivers programmed in.

Funny quirk, huh? Anyone else experienced it?

And for some strange reason, I couldn't find a way to adjust the wheel again after spending a few minutes going through the menus and manual. I did see some steering wheel calibration which did absolutely nothing. It was probably my fault I couldn't find it since I needed to get to work so I just started driving. I couldn't take the position too long and decided to move my seat back, at which point the steering wheel controls became available on the screen and I moved it back to my normal comfortable spot.

Am I going crazy? :p
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Mine did that once, but it was after I got into the seat. I never adjust it and don't have easy entry turned on.

DonkeyKong

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch & 2022 R1T Quad
I have experienced this more than once. It is random and I haven’t figured out what causes it.

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

Twice since last update for me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model Y
I’ve experienced it a few times and upon I open the door, it automatically moves back to my saved position. And boy was it loud.

Sponsored

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My name is Mike, and I have a (car) problem
There’s only one explanation …

Rivian R1T R1S Odd issue - Steering wheel position changed by itself 1713994059053-7

My seat sometimes misbehaves (I have roomy entry/exit turned on). I cannot find any correlation, except one, and that’s if the car goes to sleep while it’s unlocked, seems to happen more often.

Rivian R1T R1S Odd issue - Steering wheel position changed by itself 1713994071652-0b

OP
OP
shamoo

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Adding to the list of anomalies, the car no longer produces the tones when you first get in and hit the brakes. Totally silent now.

JWreck

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (pre-ordered, Audi RS5 Sportback
Occupation
IT
Only happened once to you? lol.

It’s about every 3rd time we get in the car. They’ve replaced the module, recalibrated…nothing.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Am I going crazy?
Yes, but that's unrelated.

🥦 is sleeping passed his alarm, forgetting to adjust my seat/wheel (or thinks I'm getting fat), and having seizures. Me thinks something is off with them lately.

OP
OP
shamoo

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Only happened once to you? lol.

It’s about every 3rd time we get in the car. They’ve replaced the module, recalibrated…nothing.
The steering wheel issue, just once this morning.

The missing “tone” when first depressing the brake to get started, that happens every time now starting this morning. Weird. Everything else seems to be okay. Software reset didn’t do anything.

Sponsored

Aardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
I’ve experienced it a few times and upon I open the door, it automatically moves back to my saved position. And boy was it loud.
I had this exact same occurrence yesterday...

TTedP

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 R1T DM, Large
Occupation
Telecom
Same! Happened after this last update.

OP
OP
shamoo

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cybersecurity
So I'm not alone! I texted my buddy who works at Rivian. Maybe this is one of those things that'll be addressed in later update which reads "Fixes rare instance of..."

Anyway as of last night, the brake pedal tone is back and everything seems back to normal. Very strange.

WhidbeyIsland

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Lexus RX350 & 2023 R1T
Occupation
Retired!
Same.. it happens maybe once every two weeks or so. But it also happened prior to the last update. The steering wheel moves all the way out (towards the driver), as soon as I open the door to get in. When I press on the brake it moves back to the correct position. pretty funny to watch actually... but odd.

Michael Kelly

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Construction Manager
Wow, I was just about to write you guys about this exact issue. I've also been having serious issues with the auto lock/unlock & how it relates to sleep mode, connectivity, etc. It's a mess & I just haven't had time to full research it. Is there a fix to getting the steering wheel back to original position?
Sponsored