OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T
No photos of the R1S that Rivian advertises has this gap. It needs to be fixed, it will affect resale value if nothing else. I have an appointment this week for mine; will apprise.
Agreed. This would be unacceptable on an SUV at half the price. They are competing in a crowded market.

I've never purchased a Tesla due to their continuing build qualities. Hopefully Rivian can resolve these issues.
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Tolerance stack-up gone wild!

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Its been mentioned before that they won't adjust the tailgate/door/hatch since it has passed the water intrusion test at the factory. They are afraid altering it will cause more issues.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Its been mentioned before that they won't adjust the tailgate/door/hatch since it has passed the water intrusion test at the factory. They are afraid altering it will cause more issues.
Perhaps, but if this was an across the board answer, why even schedule service appointments, waste the time of staff and customers, and incur rental/uber charges for something they won't touch? That's an expensive way to try to pacify the customer.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
They probably should have went with a different design as it doesn't seem like they got this one nailed down too well.
Interesting thing is, they actually started with a different design that I'm pretty sure would have been a little more forgiving of panel alignment issues. For whatever reasons, It got changed well before production started.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S rear door gap - fixable? r1s_proto_l

Rivian R1T R1S R1S rear door gap - fixable? NNFOAVC

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T
I'm not sure you know what the word flush means, sir.
I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, so I looked up the definition to be sure. Given the definition of "having or forming a continuous plane or unbroken surface" (from 4a: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/flush), I might choose to argue that I was correct given the break in the plane. But yes, this could be pedantic.

So then I thought pics would simply tell a truer story and people can make their own decisions about use of the word flush

I do think there is an opportunity for someone to build a slide-out deck that would bring that part of the floor up to the same height. Similar to a BedSlide.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S rear door gap - fixable? IMG_7091

Rivian R1T R1S R1S rear door gap - fixable? IMG_7093

Rivian R1T R1S R1S rear door gap - fixable? IMG_7094

Rivian R1T R1S R1S rear door gap - fixable? IMG_7095

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I'm not sure you know what the word flush means, sir.
[/QUO
I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, so I looked up the definition to be sure. Given the definition of "having or forming a continuous plane or unbroken surface" (from 4a: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/flush), I might choose to argue that I was correct given the break in the plane. But yes, this could be pedantic.

So then I thought pics would simply tell a truer story and people can make their own decisions about use of the word flush

I do think there is an opportunity for someone to build a slide-out deck that would bring that part of the floor up to the same height. Similar to a BedSlide.

IMG_7091.jpeg

IMG_7093.jpeg

IMG_7094.jpeg

IMG_7095.jpeg
In all seriousness, I think you sell this vehicle. You make some money and maybe get something that actually already been proven instead of a new company

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T
At the end of the day, I might. But to be clear, I wasn't suggesting that these issues are overly serious. I view them as teething issues. All of my other cars have similar quirks.

My R1T has earned a place in my stable. The R1S is still working on it.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
If you're looking for luxury, Rivian isn't for you. If you're looking for a vehicle that has been refined over time and doesn't have a lot of the startup quirks, Rivian isn't for you. If you're looking for the largest, most easily accessible 3rd row, the R1S isn't for you.

That said, if you want an EV that is a true 2-box SUV with decent cargo capacity, a really nice interior, and is still a bit of fun to drive then the R1S is really the only game in town (for now). I love mine, quirks and all.

Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
At the end of the day, I might. But to be clear, I wasn't suggesting that these issues are overly serious. I view them as teething issues. All of my other cars have similar quirks.

My R1T has earned a place in my stable. The R1S is still working on it.

Yea. R1s is still a working progress. They all have imperfections that bugged each individual differently. My tesla model 3 have a few flaws on the body as well and they been around longer

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Perhaps, but if this was an across the board answer, why even schedule service appointments, waste the time of staff and customers, and incur rental/uber charges for something they won't touch? That's an expensive way to try to pacify the customer.
Probably to get those two service campaigns done regarding the airbags . 😁. But yeah, who knows.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Interesting thing is, they actually started with a different design that I'm pretty sure would have been a little more forgiving of panel alignment issues. For whatever reasons, It got changed well before production started.

r1s_proto_lg.png

NNFOAVC.jpg
Yeah the design shown here looks to be better. I have very little skin in the game having a T but it does seem like the S rollout has had some troubles.

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Does this mean that if my R1S is rear ended, it will be totaled, because they’ll never again be able to make it pass a water intrusion test?

I find that hard to believe. Rivian just doesn’t want to stand behind their work.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Does this mean that if my R1S is rear ended, it will be totaled, because they’ll never again be able to make it pass a water intrusion test?

I find that hard to believe. Rivian just doesn’t want to stand behind their work.
Of course not....insurance would total it out more than likely. :p I kid, I was just relaying the excuse that had given early on....maybe they are actually trying to adjust them now.
Sponsored