Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Source: u/ddd1330

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Subscription Services - A Look At What's Coming? 5rnt3hqk2mbc1

Take this with a grain of salt, but could indicate remote gear guard viewing is coming along with an AA/CP workaround via screen mirroring. Unfortunately it's coming at a cost...

Original Thread

"I’m working with Rivian Fleet on acquiring multiple vehicles (R1’s & RCV’s) for my company. This screen shot was on an info sheet I was sent for a 2023 R1S.
I know this isn’t breaking news, and this actual screenshot may have been posted previously, but I see questions or comments daily about the streaming features. Note that all of these will require a monthly subscription, which is obvious. What excites me is Gear Guard video listed in this box…hoping that remote viewing comes sooner than later. Also pretty excited to learn more about “Fleet Mode”"

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Subscription Services - A Look At What's Coming? 5rnt3hqk2mbc1
Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
So, we are going to have to pay to use our Netflix, etc subscription to beam it to the big screen? Ffs.

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
So no playing audio files from USB Storage + no USB Audio + no headphone-in jack = pay twice for streaming audio?
I would not get too carried away trying to read into this and what is or isn't "free/bundled" for consumers. OP said this is for a commercial fleet negotiation. It's possible that connectivity costs/options are different to provide the lowest possible cost for fleets.

Sponsored

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
means nothing. that could be separate for "fleet orders".
Rivian will likely move to a fee for the "premium LTE service" which they have said they will do at some point and mirrors what Tesla did. You may need the "premium LTE" to enable things like live camera view, entertainment apps and live traffic updates (also like Tesla).
It's doubtful after past customer service screwups that they would make the mistake of trying to nickel and dime customers for each added service separately....even legacy automakers have taken heed and backed off plans to do that...

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
I really wonder what they mean by Screen Mirroring in the context of Internet subscription services. Is this mirroring what's on the screen over the Internet to the fleet manager? Or maybe something like Chromecast (or whatever Amazon is using.) Or is it AA/CP? Hmmm...