First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Technical Consultant
Many have noted that the artwork in the TIDAL music app disappears. Also, the music does not autostart after the car is off for an hour. The play button is grayed out, and the only way I can get the music to start again is to select a different artist or switch to Spotify and then back to TIDAL. I don't have these issues with Alexa or Spotify—no change after last week's firmware update. I might cancel my TIDAL subscription since the car is the only place I (try) to use it. I can sometimes get the artwork back by logging out and rebooting the system, but it goes missing within a few days. The grayed-out play button is a constant issue. Hoping for SiriusXM
Sponsored

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

I just decided to try out Tidal after having used Spotify for the last year +
Honestly I'm very disappointed. Only have had artwork for about an hour in the last 2 weeks and have had similar issues to what you described.
Restarted the infotainment system, logged out and back in and it just doesn't want to work like I feel it should. Would love to know if there is something that can be done.

NitroNick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Crosstrek
Occupation
EE
I enjoy Tidal on my phone, but if Apple Music is integrated well in the Rivian then I will be moving to that service. Tidal just has too many bugs in the infotainment. I'm not sure if that is Tidal or Rivian to blame for that though.

rivtyler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Anyone know if AM will stream above 320kbps? Would be cool to get 44.1khz CD-quality lossless at least.

I agree the Tidal integration leaves much to be desired, even with it allegedly being able to stream at up to 192k on the hi-fi tier.

rivtyler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Anyone know if AM will stream above 320kbps? Would be cool to get 44.1khz CD-quality lossless at least.

I agree the Tidal integration leaves much to be desired, even with it allegedly being able to stream at up to 192k on the hi-fi tier.
Not that you can hear that difference as you listen to Miles Davis while ripping around down or bombing a trail like I do lol. But the difference between BT vs. native stream vs. downloaded CD-level lossless was noticeable in my Tesla, same would apply here I would think.

Sponsored

sherold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S3, VW Atlas
The issues you have described are not exclusive to Tidal. I experience these issues intermittently using Spotify as well.

Whale Blubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW X3 3.0si, 2021 Toyota RAV4 XLE
I've been without Tidal artwork for maybe 5-6 months. I stick with it for the hifi data quality, but I may reassess as other services catch up.
Sponsored