First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
photographer, real estate agent
I started my 8 steps last Thursday, Dec 22nd, and reached out to my guide via SMS. He never responded. Reached out again on Monday, still no response. It's now Wednesday afternoon. Is this typical for guide response? Is it just slow due to the holidays? Do I have a dud guide?

I also uploaded all of my documents on Thursday, but it still says "in progress/pending approval". How long does it typically take to get through the document approval process?
Sponsored

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
Our guide has been pretty unresponsive with the exception of the 8 steps. For that he was super responsive. You should have heard from your guide by now.

The only step that stayed pending for us was payment as we delivered a check upon pickup. Everything else was processed by our guide within an hour of submitting.

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
They may be on Holiday break. My guide has finally gone MIA, however. I took delivery in March and he was responsive to issues up until a month ago. Now - nothing..... I think the whole guide idea is going to die a slow death. Rivian does not seem overly committed to the idea beyond the initial purchase and couple months of ownership. Rivian still owes me money (long story), and my guide WAS actively helping me. When he got no where after 2 months of me asking, I now get no response. Currently reaching out to someone at the service center. My experience may obviously differ from others, but just my 2 cents. Good luck with your guide, and congrats on your s00n to be delivered Rivian.

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
Not sure if it would help but 1-888-RIVIAN1 and then I believe it’s option 0 gets you to the “customer experience center” you could try them instead of your guide.

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
My guide was essentially useless. On two occasions, I asked questions, then replied to my own email after a few days later with either a "nevermind" or "I found the answer". Then, I'd get a response saying "sorry, I've been busy". I heard from her once when the truck was ready for pickup (after my account said the same) and she was upset that they updated the account page before she was able to tell me. I guess I wasn't excited enough to hear from her.

Sponsored

hardrock197

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Compass, R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Director, Technology
I started my 8 steps last Thursday, Dec 22nd, and reached out to my guide via SMS. He never responded. Reached out again on Monday, still no response. It's now Wednesday afternoon. Is this typical for guide response? Is it just slow due to the holidays? Do I have a dud guide?

I also uploaded all of my documents on Thursday, but it still says "in progress/pending approval". How long does it typically take to get through the document approval process?
SMS never worked for me with my guide, have you tried an email?

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Even though my guide told me text was preferred method of communication, I never get responses from them anymore. I switched to email and have been getting quicker responses. I would try email and also remember that they could be off from the holidays, but should probably be back by now.

OP
OP
ranieri

ranieri

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
Just called the 888 number. The woman I spoke with said she'd have my guide call me asap. We'll see how it goes.

I thought I had read somewhere on here that email with guides was ineffective and that SMS was the fastest way to communicate with them.

I freaked out when I got the "time to confirm your configuration" email. My wife thought someone died. Now it's been nearly a week and only 2 steps are completed.

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
My guides have been amazing. I would recco you schedule a followup call on their calendy to connect. With that you should be able to see their availability

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
We email with our guide and always hear back within a day. When we were in our 8-steps he was responsive within an hour. Don't worry about the "document" review. Your guide will push all of that along when Step-8 opens and you submit your funding. Once step 8 opened we had everything complete within 30 minutes.

CS cannot access your 8-steps while you're in the process, your guide has to be the one to handle these items. Then, once you complete Step 8 the delivery team will reach out.

Sponsored

Milermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Our guide was excited and enthusiastic to get us signed up to take delivery on our R1.
Beyond that, though, I've had to go through support or call, etc... to get responses. The guide only responds now to send an occasional customer service survey.
But this chain reminds me, Rivian still owes me the deposit I overpaid back. Last time I heard from my guide was to tell me that it was in process - a couple months back. But I haven't heard or seen anything since.

technerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Bronco, 2022 R1T, 2021 Model 3
Clubs

My guide was not proactive with anything, but if I texted her, she would usually respond within a few hours. Sounds like you don't have a VIN yet? Good news is you have time then. I did all 8 steps the day before I picked it up.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations

Normally takes 24 hrs for a guide to return messages, don’t expect them to pick up the phone or reply right away.

If you’ve started your 8 steps you’ve probably got nothing to worry about; the guides could be a bit overwhelmed with EOY rush to make deliveries. No harm in following up. Be pleasant!

OP
OP
ranieri

ranieri

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
I have a VIN.

Just talked to my guide. He said their SMS system wasn't working. He gave me his direct number to be in touch going forward. Nice guy. I'm glad I called the main rivian number; thanks for the suggestion.

My R1S is in transit to the Chelsea MA service center. Sounds like it'll be ready for delivery in a few weeks!

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I email my guide, if I don't get a reply in a couple of days I then text with "did you see the email I sent you?". He then will usually reply to the email I sent before the text. Not really super helpful if we're being honest.
Sponsored