Sponsored

"Vehicle Offline" showing in app

blcklab666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Sprinter 144 4x4
Anyone else have this happen? I opened my app today expecting to see the little Sleep symbol or perhaps temp symbol or maybe nothing. Instead I saw "Vehicle Offline." Wish I snapped a screenshot. As I approached PaaK worked fine and then vehicle was "online" again.

I notice I had no obvious phantom drain since this morning and hardly any since yesterday. Is there some kind of deep sleep in .50 keeping the vehicle from showing online?

Only had it since late December so I can't compare to much usage history.
Sponsored

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Deep sleep or no 4G signal, afaik. Have seen a couple times myself, usually when parked on the lowest level of a very large parking garage. Could also be a temporary AT&T issue, or impending sign of failure of the communications module. 🤷

OP
OP

blcklab666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Sprinter 144 4x4
Deep sleep or no 4G signal, afaik. Have seen a couple times myself, usually when parked on the lowest level of a very large parking garage. Could also be a temporary AT&T issue, or impending sign of failure of the communications module. 🤷
I should have mentioned it was in my driveway and also on my wifi. I suppose by some coincidence both wifi and 4G could have simultaneously dropped.
Do they wake themselves from deep sleep if left alone? I'm thinking if I was out of town whether the car is at my house or airport and I wanted to check the SoC or preheat my R1S.

Glembi2

First Name
Glembi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis GV70, Civic, & Mazda3
Occupation
Patent attorney
Clubs

Happens to me every few days. My WiFi signal strength in the garage is meh. I chalk up the temporary dropouts to the poor signal strength

stanseling

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3 Dual Motor FSD, Cadillac XT5 (R1S ordered)
Occupation
IT manager
Clubs

Happens to me occasionally in my garage. I have a wifi range extender in the garage, but the ATT signal is weak at best inside the garage. I question the wifi dropping occasional.

Sponsored

IGR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
I make things
Clubs

I am experiencing this issue for the first time. In the morning it worked fine but then I noticed nav said “using offline maps”
Has anyone experiencing network issues? I’m skeptical of ATT network reliability.

Rgrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Large-scale ATT outage with vehicles, and Rivian is aware on working on it, per various posts in Reddit.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Large-scale ATT outage with vehicles, and Rivian is aware on working on it, per various posts in Reddit.
Not sure of the actual issue though, R1S is impacted, Tesla is not impacted.

Interesting as well that the vehicle still shows offline when connected to home Wi-Fi although the maps and infotainment is working.

Rgrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Not sure of the actual issue though, R1S is impacted, Tesla is not impacted.

Interesting as well that the vehicle still shows offline when connected to home Wi-Fi although the maps and infotainment is working.
And we're back online. At least mine is.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
And we're back online. At least mine is.
Mine was up but down again.

wanted to test the A2Z adapter but not working without internet and for some reason the R1S does not see the hotspot on my iPhone 14 pro.

Sponsored

KRG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T DM
Occupation
Tech Bro
Clubs

I’ve been offline all day. Still down.

HeyEllwood

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y R1S
Occupation
Operations Analyst
Confirmed still down. Bay Area for me. Seems like it’s system wide though.

wahhhh

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Mine was up but down again.

wanted to test the A2Z adapter but not working without internet and for some reason the R1S does not see the hotspot on my iPhone 14 pro.
I was able to test the A2Z adapter, started the charge session with my Tesla App. Interesting part is I still got the receipt from Rivian and Rivian charged my card. I do not have the Tesla membership but wonder how that would work if the charge goes through Rivian regardless of how the session is initiated.

Tony R1S

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S QM 21
I was able to test the A2Z adapter, started the charge session with my Tesla App. Interesting part is I still got the receipt from Rivian and Rivian charged my card. I do not have the Tesla membership but wonder how that would work if the charge goes through Rivian regardless of how the session is initiated.
Nice!, I guess it knows you have a Rivian through somehow (maybe through the iso15118 protocol?)?

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

When the truck went online, it may have been using my home wifi network for connectivity because the connection went off again when I left home, and then reconnected once back inside the garage.
Sponsored