Mr. Ham

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 CY R1S
Clubs

Its just an accent color. I say go for it. To me, its no different than adding yellow stickers to your door sill emblems.
If Rivian had a Motor sport division and added that badging, then I could see why it might be frowned on. All though, you do you. Forget the haters. haha
Sponsored

dilmorecg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rivian R1T, '19 Raptor, '15 Porsche 911 GTS
I blacked out my badges. Does that make me a "fraud" since they arent factory? I say go for it. Make your vehicle the way you like it.

beyondgravity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I have a Dual motor R1T. I really love the yellow accents throughout the truck, especially on Limestone as it's a muted color. If I install the black/yellow exterior badging on my dual motor am I a fraud? Will you all roast and shun me? I need to know. :D
Actually I would love it. Do post it here and I can get some goood ideas.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Poseur!

Thats what some of the BMW community calls people who put M3 badges on a conventional 3 series.

In the parlance of Carnac the Magnificent - “May 1000 starlings roost on your car every day!”

Seriously, You do you, but I would not. If it were that important to me, I would instead find some other way to customize it and make it my own accent design instead of making it something it’s not.

Rivian R1T R1S Very stupid question but I have to ask. 1712772761786-l

OP
OP
KRG

KRG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T DM
Occupation
Tech Bro
Clubs

I appreciate all the varied responses. Obviously this was posted with more than a hint of sarcasm but I do enjoy everyone’s opinions.

In my mind the yellow accent color is more of a Rivian signature than specifically a QM signature. The yellow is already in the interior and I just feel like it would look better to extend that outside to tie it together. I WONT be painting calipers yellow or trying to pretend it’s something that it’s not, however. These will also be the aftermarket black emblems, not the OEM QM badges, lessening the confusion I hope.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rainman

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Taycan
Technically you're a poser, but you do you :)

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
I have a Dual motor R1T. I really love the yellow accents throughout the truck, especially on Limestone as it's a muted color. If I install the black/yellow exterior badging on my dual motor am I a fraud? Will you all roast and shun me? I need to know. :D
Your money. Your truck. Does it matter what those who don't pay your bills think?

Lord Leroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t
That’s was one of my biggest complaints about the dual motor is the loss of yellow trim. I specifically got the Rivian blue pre ordered because I love the yellow and blue look, and then Rivian takes it away. I’ve added a lot of yellow accents to my truck just to spite the Rivian gods.

OP
OP
KRG

KRG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T DM
Occupation
Tech Bro
Clubs

I’ll paint the little yellow bar in the R1T badge matte black as a compromise. Fair? Haha

Sponsored

MtnRiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Its just an accent color. I say go for it. To me, its no different than adding yellow stickers to your door sill emblems.
If Rivian had a Motor sport division and added that badging, then I could see why it might be frowned on. All though, you do you. Forget the haters. haha
I say go for it! I mean, I’m printing up “I identify as a Tesla” stickers for the times I am using the supercharger network to prevent any backlash from other Tesla owners. 😂😂😂

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Really interested to find out what Rivian will be doing for their "Premium" trim though. Yellow badging probably won't really matter.
Yea, it should be interesting. That is one thing I think Ford nailed with the new Bronco. They always catch my eye with the different tops, the retro paint jobs, the outer banks editions. I see them EVERYWHERE. I still say if Ford made an EV version they would make a killing.

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
How did they find out?

Because you informed them? If so, perhaps that's the reason why they look and take notice.

Vast majority of people just see Rivian logo or don't even notice that its a Rivian.
My son noticed the caliper colors were different than mine. I was pretty shocked, but also proud since I'm a car guy. Then I explained to him it was a slightly different model.

My wife cares less about this stuff so I told her once. But now she notices it and will call it out if we see one.
Sponsored