Sponsored

What Do You Keep In Your Rivian for Recovery?

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Gloves, PDF print out of the towing guide, tow strap and shackles, max trax if going Offroad, beach towels and little bag of tools.

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

Thought about this recently after seeing various pics of folks stuck in dirt, mud, snow, sand etc.. Also planning on doing a ski trip or too and wanted to be ready with my R1S.
For the snow, have 21" wheel with Pirellis, but swapped for Ram 2363s with Michelin X-Ice tires.

So far, here is what I have:
- Collapsible shovel
- 20' Tow Strap & Shackle Hitch Receiver Combo
- 1/2" Synthetic Soft Shackles

Having this gear, not just for me, but also fellow drivers who get themselves in a bad spot and can't get out.

Brand wise, I went with Rhino USA, although seriously considered GearAmerica.

Other thoughts?
I bought the same stuff from Rhino USA, but I got their kinetic recovery rope instead of a tow strap. It worked well enough...

Rivian R1T R1S What Do You Keep In Your Rivian for Recovery? Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 6.20.35ā€ÆPM

JWreck

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (pre-ordered, Audi RS5 Sportback
Occupation
IT
A cell phone and bag of cash for when we get stuck in the restaurant parking lot. šŸ˜œ

Good info on this thread - Iā€™ve actually got some Factor 55 items in my cart just to have in caseā€¦.the hitch receiver, soft shackles, and kinetic rope. Basically the critical pieces from the ā€œofficialā€ Rivian kit.

Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Rivian recovery kit and recovery boards, both found and bought on eBay at a good prices. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bought them at Gear Shop prices. Mimicking Rivian's kit, you can piece together your own for $200-300 less. The boards are mounted to BuiltRight's cab wall molle. For off-road excursions, I'll probably bring along the 3-ton Harbor Freight Badlands jack in a rolling bin, need to add a folding shovel and small tool kit/roll to that.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Does anyone a particular tow hitch receiver for the R1T?
As a recovery shackle point? Lots of options, all about the same. 41.22, Rhino USA, Factor 55... 41.22 does make one with a skid. If you pick that, order from Summit Racing. If you order direct, it can be a long wait with almost no communication.

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
As a recovery shackle point? Lots of options, all about the same. 41.22, Rhino USA, Factor 55... 41.22 does make one with a skid. If you pick that, order from Summit Racing. If you order direct, it can be a long wait with almost no communication.
Thanks, do you have a minimum load rating in mind?

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Rhino folding shovel, GearAmerica 4"x30' kinetic strap/shackels/hitch receiver shackel, 4 ton jack, recovery board, NOCO Boost Plus, tool kit, medical kit.

Last edited:

ndmiller

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Incoming
Occupation
Retailler
Clubs

Just bought a skookum shackle and picking up factor 55 hitchlink 2.0 a tow strap, recovery rope and a couple soft shackles. All should fit nicely in north face camp duffle in middle of gear tunnel. Will add pucks and jump charger to this when it all arrives.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Always:
Any time I might want recovery gear (wheeling, snow driving, towing, whatever):
If it's more serious, I'll add:
If I'm going in serious snow, I'll add
If I'm towing/hauling, I'll add
  • Step22 Tamarin Trunkwith towing/hauling gear
    • WeighSafe hitch and accessories (spare hitch balls, locking pins, etc.)
    • Various heavy duty ratchet straps
With the exception of the snow stuff (lives in the cab) and hard-mounted stuff like the recovery boards, I can fit most of this on the Range Industries gear tunnel slide simultaneously for easy access. I'm still playing with the layout but I may look for a better bag that can fit the Rivian Recovery Kit contents plus a recovery rope, which would let me eliminate the separate duffel bag.

Sample partial loadout (I have to stack a bit more creatively depending on how much I bring):
Rivian R1T R1S What Do You Keep In Your Rivian for Recovery? 1704160514699

(Yes, I need to clean my garage).

Last edited:

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Always:
Any time I might want recovery gear (wheeling, snow driving, towing, whatever):
If it's more serious, I'll add:
If I'm going in serious snow, I'll add
  • Oversize snow brush/scraper (I forget the brand, some kind of gimmicky instagram thing, but it works)
  • AutoSocks
  • DMOS Stealth XL Shovel
If I'm towing/hauling, I'll add
  • Step22 Tamarin Trunkwith towing/hauling gear
    • WeighSafe hitch and accessories (spare hitch balls, locking pins, etc.)
    • Various heavy duty ratchet straps
With the exception of the snow stuff (lives in the cab) I can fit most of this on the Range Industries gear tunnel slide simultaneously for easy access. I'm still playing with the layout but I may look for a better bag that can fit the Rivian Recovery Kit contents plus a recovery rope, which would let me eliminate the separate duffel bag.

Sample partial loadout (I have to stack a bit more creatively depending on how much I bring):
1704160514699.png

(Yes, I need to clean my garage).
Which diameter F55 recovery rope do you have?
Sponsored