First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
That is partially true, and I agree with it. However, it is a much larger problem. The SCs are doing crap work. They aren't fixing the issues on their work orders, and they're creating new issues. There is no excuse for that behavior, in my book.
I agree. Kicking can down road is also contributing to problem...i.e. send it back to owner and get it out of here mentality...
Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Didn't read all of the pages, but I didn't see it mentioned early on: Too many issues coming from the factory. If each truck takes 1-2 service appointments to fix factory issues service will be overwhelmed quickly.

Every vehicle I've owned never needed a visit to fix factory issues other than the R1T. Small price to pay and luckily my issues weren't critical to driving the vehicle and were fixed very much to my satisfaction.

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
I had a warning light pop up on my ICE car (emergency telephone malfunction) and I had the first two dealers in the area I looked at were mid-late April for a service appointment. The third was a week from Monday.

The last time I was in I was casually talking with the Service Manager and he said they have been totally slammed with service...and on top of that there's a lack of qualified mechanics that were making the waits for service longer.

This may also be an issue that's affecting Rivian.

CO-rayman

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 Recharge, ...
The Denver SC seems to be backed up if you request mobile service (3+ weeks) but when I changed to drop off it was very reasonable (10 days).

By comparison, the Volvo dealer wanted a 2 week wait for our all electric XC40, which just needed to be hard reset and took me 20 mins to do thanks to the the Internet.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
I will add, while some Rivian service center are backed up, we had a recurring issue with the headlight assembly on our 2019 Macan and two different Porsche dealers in our area were booking 6-8 weeks out last year. It’s not just.

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I will add, while some Rivian service center are backed up, we had a recurring issue with the headlight assembly on our 2019 Macan and two different Porsche dealers in our area were booking 6-8 weeks out last year. It’s not just.
6-8 weeks is a long time but still not 4-5 months some centers are reporting.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
6-8 weeks is a long time but still not 4-5 months some centers are reporting.
Nowhere in my post did I say 4-5 months was not a long time.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Right around 2-months at the Costa Mesa, CA service center.
Uggg ... hopefully that improves at Costa Mesa by the time I get my R1S Oct-Dec 23. Rivian, Tesla and Lucid Service Centers are a stones throw from each other in Costa Mesa. Tesla CM is awful (many bad experiences there with my Model S), my Lucid Air is currently at CM location for issues found at and after delivery - about a 3 week wait for appointment, but has been there for 3 weeks. They are SLOW there as well. I think that there just aren't enough technicians to go around.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Nowhere in my post did I say 4-5 months was not a long time.
No I agree but you seemed to equate your Porsche e experience to what is a regularly Rivian experience when only 25k vehicles are on the road. Heaven help everyone when 75k are out by end of the year.

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I had a minor issue in MA this month and Rivian sent out a mobile tech in less than a week. I only have positive things to say about the MA/Chelsea/Boston service center.

I've had 2 mobile services and 1 in-center service (plus a drive-thru for the torque recall) and all have been great. I've gotten the same mobile tech both times and he always fixes random unreported issues with the vehicle when he comes out.

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I had a warning light pop up on my ICE car (emergency telephone malfunction) and I had the first two dealers in the area I looked at were mid-late April for a service appointment. The third was a week from Monday.

The last time I was in I was casually talking with the Service Manager and he said they have been totally slammed with service...and on top of that there's a lack of qualified mechanics that were making the waits for service longer.

This may also be an issue that's affecting Rivian.
I bet a bit higher pay would lure mechanics into the fold pretty quickly.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Maybe they have been figuring in the latest seat belt sensor recall into their schedules.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
According to Q4 info, 26 more service centers supposed to be online in '23.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

According to Q4 info, 26 more service centers supposed to be online in '23.
I will believe that when I see it since of the seven planned in NJ/NY and CT has only the CT expected in W2. The others don’t have addresses, permits or anything else. I would love to see them reach this goal but I am skeptical.

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
OP - Have you considered getting it serviced in Portland?

I moved my appointment from Bellevue to Portland because the wait was so much shorter in Portland, and I wasn't happy with the previous service at Bellevue.

The last time my vehicle was serviced at Bellevue they didn't even look at it until a week after they told me to drop it off, and then they only partially fixed the problem. Then to top that off they gave me my vehicle back with only about 16% range. It was enough to get home, but come on.
Sponsored