First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Ops
I just got called back after placing 2 servicei ssues through the app. One for condensation in frunk causing rust (don't hardly open so big surprise) and warp(ed|ing) of ledge between back of backseat and rear cab window. Earliest service date is 139 days out; in July! Wtfo?! This is WA area btw. We all about to be driving "collector's" items; Tuckers as it were?

Seems pretty bleak if it is taking nearly half a year to get a vehicle serviced.

Happy to hear from anyone w/more insight though.

That's just down right unacceptable! I'm shocked Rivian corporate is okay with this. It's become more and more evident to make sure your vehicle gets fixed right the first time. I have an appointment on March 6th and will not be taking the car back unless they can prove it's actually fixed this time and due bills are actually done. They've "forgotten" to do the due bills for a year now and on 3 work orders since July..........

To get my March appointment I scheduled back in early November. They've got down right garbage leadership there.

BELLEVUE IS A JOKE OF A "SHOP"!! Worst customer service I've experienced in my 40 years of life! Sure wish Rivian would handle the Bellevue SC issue because I went and bought a new Toyota truck since the Rivian has been underivable for 2 months now. They told me I'd be on the hook for the tow as well. Let's see if they even do any of the service I've put tickets in for...
Sponsored

CascadianApe

First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Ops
That is partially true, and I agree with it. However, it is a much larger problem. The SCs are doing crap work. They aren't fixing the issues on their work orders, and they're creating new issues. There is no excuse for that behavior, in my book.

I feel your pain. I'm on a year with no due bills finished, safety issues not done, and they've scratched the crap out of my door sill area. They also chipped my windshield last time it was in along the edge. Not sure how they managed it, but there is a chunk of glass missing. I've never seen a "shop" do this bad of work.

I was hoping for a Mercedes level experience and this is more of a Jim Bobby Auto Repair we'll take you money and run sort of experience.....

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Hmm so my truck has already been in a week for service, I asked to get an update today, was called and told that they hadn't really started on it, that im in line, and there is no estimate on completion and they dont know when even a estimate will be available.

My thinking, why did I bring the truck in to service if it's going to sit in a lot for a week+. I know they are busy, but there could be much better organization on scheduling especially when my appointment had been scheduled 2.5 months ago for my first service.. Add to the fact that I am stuck with a ICE SUV rental getting 8-10 mpg, not a happy camper.

I read lots of Tesla hate on this forum, we own a Tesla that we are quite happy with, even during their ramping of the Model Y, lead times were less than a month and completion time for service was always with a estimate and within a week for the types of concerns I am having with the Rivian. My Model Ys first service the vehicle went in and they started work on it right away, i could tell through the app since doors and hood would show open with AC running.

My truck on the other hand has been slowly just dropping vampire drain sitting in a lot getting some sun. For others who have recently had their first services in SoCal, what are your experiences?

Last edited:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Hmm so my truck been in a week for service already, asked to get an update today, was called and told that they hadn't really started on it, that im in line, and there is no estimate on completion and they dont know when even a estimate will be available.

My thinking, why did I bring the truck in to service if it's going to sit in a lot for a week+. I know they are busy, but there could be much better organization on scheduling especially when my appointment had been scheduled 2.5 months ago for my first service.. Add to the fact that I am stuck with a ICE SUV rental getting 8-10 mpg, not a happy camper.

I hear lots of Tesla hate on this forum, we own a Tesla that we are quite happy with, even during their ramping of the Model Y, lead times were less than a month and completion time for service was always with a estimate and within a week for the types of concerns I am having with the Rivian. My Model Ys first service the vehicle went in and they started work on it right away, i could tell through the app since doors and hood would show open with AC running.

My truck on the other hand has been slowly just dropping vampire drain sitting in a lot getting some sun. For others who have recently had their first services in SoCal, what are your experiences?
I just finished week three in this same boat. Truck went from 72% and is now at 44% so they've got another 4 weeks or so before it becomes a brick. Have asked for a return call about what's going on but they don't return calls. Have to say at this point I definitely wouldn't recommend Rivian to anyone who can't deal with not having their vehicle because it's at service. Disappointing for sure.

My original service request was put in like 4 months ago now.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Someone smarter than me should start a Rivian backlog real time tracker. Use user supplied data. That might get Rivian attention that somebody is killing their business either thru incompetence or lack of proper funding.

People argue dealerships suck so bad....but I have not ever had service as bad as I read and even somewhat experienced on these forums.

Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
I just finished week three in this same boat. Truck went from 72% and is now at 44% so they've got another 4 weeks or so before it becomes a brick. Have asked for a return call about what's going on but they don't return calls. Have to say at this point I definitely wouldn't recommend Rivian to anyone who can't deal with not having their vehicle because it's at service. Disappointing for sure.

My original service request was put in like 4 months ago now.
Thats unbelievable.. 3 weeks with no progress?? Instead of investing in charging infrastructure Rivian needs to pull that $ into their service centers. I know it doesnt make them money right now to repair their vehicles, but it will later and poor service experiences are not going to translate to high praise from owners to recommend to friends and family.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Thats unbelievable.. 3 weeks with no progress?? Instead of investing in charging infrastructure Rivian needs to pull that $ into their service centers. I know it doesnt make them money right now to repair their vehicles, but it will later and poor service experiences are not going to translate to high praise from owners to recommend to friends and family.
I think it's somewhat of a perfect storm because they just moved service facilities here. They called me the day before the dropoff to ask me to take it to the new facility. Seems like they weren't quite ready for it but made the assumption the problem could take a while. Rivian isn't paying anything for the vehicle to just sit there so it feels like they are taking advantage of that.

That said I haven't really minded driving my Polestar 2 for the last three weeks, but I had been working on camping hardware that requires the physical vehicle in my possession for test fitting. So that's been a predictably frustrating outcome for me. We're taking a camping trip soon and I don't trust that they will get my truck back in time, so I've been spending time I would have been using on the R1T hardware making all our gear work out for the R1S I never intended on using for camping trips.

gregtay

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S LS/OC, '21 Escalade, '13 RS5 Cab
That's just down right unacceptable! I'm shocked Rivian corporate is okay with this. It's become more and more evident to make sure your vehicle gets fixed right the first time. I have an appointment on March 6th and will not be taking the car back unless they can prove it's actually fixed this time and due bills are actually done. They've "forgotten" to do the due bills for a year now and on 3 work orders since July..........

To get my March appointment I scheduled back in early November. They've got down right garbage leadership there.

BELLEVUE IS A JOKE OF A "SHOP"!! Worst customer service I've experienced in my 40 years of life! Sure wish Rivian would handle the Bellevue SC issue because I went and bought a new Toyota truck since the Rivian has been underivable for 2 months now. They told me I'd be on the hook for the tow as well. Let's see if they even do any of the service I've put tickets in for...
The Bellevue SC is just WAY undersized for the volume... the coffee shop across the street has more footprint that Rivian. They were so many old dealerships they could have purchased (the GMC dealer off of 124th and 405, the Chevy dealer on 85th (that Google was purchasing and then backed out of), etc. Expensive? yes, but they need to build for the future our people will run back to the traditional dealers.

The map does show a Seattle and Redmond SC's in the works. My guess is that Redmond becomes the eastside SC and the Bellevue location becomes a showcase hub of some sort.
Rivian R1T R1S What is up w/service lead time? 1685999925135

gregtay

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S LS/OC, '21 Escalade, '13 RS5 Cab
The Bellevue SC is just WAY undersized for the volume... the coffee shop across the street has more footprint that Rivian. They were so many old dealerships they could have purchased (the GMC dealer off of 124th and 405, the Chevy dealer on 85th (that Google was purchasing and then backed out of), etc. Expensive? yes, but they need to build for the future our people will run back to the traditional dealers.

The map does show a Seattle and Redmond SC's in the works. My guess is that Redmond becomes the eastside SC and the Bellevue location becomes a showcase hub of some sort.
1685999925135.png
And if anyone is wondering... it looks like (based on the location on the map) the Redmond SC will either be on Willows road near 124th... or 124th between the Toyota dealership and Willows road (there's lots of existing buildings they could use)

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer

I think Rivians Service issues go well beyond just a specific Service Center. I honestly don't think they even know how to solve some of the problems some of us are having.

Like my vehicle has been to Service Centers repeatedly due to the tok noise. The first couple of appointments barely improved things, but the third one got close to fixing it. That one they did the half-shaft service bulletin. But, they seem to have failed to test drive the vehicle to make sure it was gone.

I wish I had tested it before I left, but I didn't even think of doing that.

I created a bunch of sound recordings and made another appointment for Mid September which is the earliest the Bellevue SC had an opening for. This time around I'll do exactly what you plan on where I don't take the vehicle back unless its been fixed.

At this point if they would just fix my vehicle they'd have openings for at least 4-5 Rivians to be serviced per year. :)

Sponsored

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
And if anyone is wondering... it looks like (based on the location on the map) the Redmond SC will either be on Willows road near 124th... or 124th between the Toyota dealership and Willows road (there's lots of existing buildings they could use)
I think they need to split up the location where deliveries happen and where service happens.

One of the reasons one of my service appointments was delayed by a good week or two while my vehicle sat was that deliveries were taking precedence.

They also need a larger location for the Amazon Cargo van service.

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Someone smarter than me should start a Rivian backlog real time tracker. Use user supplied data. That might get Rivian attention that somebody is killing their business either thru incompetence or lack of proper funding.

People argue dealerships suck so bad....but I have not ever had service as bad as I read and even somewhat experienced on these forums.
Backlog plus service result would be very helpful.

To see what the average backlog is, and to see if the service department actually fixed the issue.

Hopefully it won't be limited to Rivian, but would include Tesla as well due to similar service model.

vista1984

First Name
Wan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I posted my experience here:
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/costa-mesa-service-center-is-getting-so-booked-up.15702/

In short, I have the same experience. Start making me consider selling..
It is such a different reality from RJ's claim, flagship products with flagship services.
Production is improving but service level is way behind.
They need to fix it quick.

JWreck

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (pre-ordered, Audi RS5 Sportback
Occupation
IT
Hmm so my truck has already been in a week for service, I asked to get an update today, was called and told that they hadn't really started on it, that im in line, and there is no estimate on completion and they dont know when even a estimate will be available.

I read lots of Tesla hate on this forum, we own a Tesla that we are quite happy with, even during their ramping of the Model Y, lead times were less than a month and completion time for service was always with a estimate and within a week for the types of concerns I am having with the Rivian. My Model Ys first service the vehicle went in and they started work on it right away, i could tell through the app since doors and hood would show open with AC running.

You at the Austin SC? That’s my exact story and I’m losing my patience…it’s absolutely unacceptable for my car to sit for more than a week without even being looked at. I understood and agreed to several days but not a full 7 business days.

CascadianApe

First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Ops
I think Rivians Service issues go well beyond just a specific Service Center. I honestly don't think they even know how to solve some of the problems some of us are having.

Like my vehicle has been to Service Centers repeatedly due to the tok noise. The first couple of appointments barely improved things, but the third one got close to fixing it. That one they did the half-shaft service bulletin. But, they seem to have failed to test drive the vehicle to make sure it was gone.

I wish I had tested it before I left, but I didn't even think of doing that.

I created a bunch of sound recordings and made another appointment for Mid September which is the earliest the Bellevue SC had an opening for. This time around I'll do exactly what you plan on where I don't take the vehicle back unless its been fixed.

At this point if they would just fix my vehicle they'd have openings for at least 4-5 Rivians to be serviced per year. :)
My last experience was so bad I sold my Rivian..... I could no longer justify having a $85k paper weight. Got it back "fixed" and sold it within 3 days of posting. Loved the car and don't mind EVs at all. Just can not justify dealing with such terrible customer service so often. Also got tired of Rivian not listening to me or having mixed messages from 5 different people. Even when it wasn't in the shop they were calling me asking me questions.

Maybe I'll buy another one in 5 or 6 years. I'd love to maybe buy a dedicated minimalistic off road version like the R2X..........
Sponsored