Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
Hello Rivian Crew! My name is Andrew and I work for TuneIn. We're really excited to enhance the existing offering for all of you with the addition of our Premium service just in time for the MLB season to start and NHL playoffs to get going. I'm happy to answer any questions you have and look forward to hearing what you think about our service - if you haven't yet tried it I think you'll love it once you do. There's lots to offer - something for everyone - including our newest addition to the offering - Boss Radio 66, with DJ sets from Tom Hanks! (Read more about it here if interested.)

Nice to meet you all.
Hi Andrew, welcome aboard! I have a question. I have tried using Tunein to listen to news stations such as CNBC, but the mix of recorded content (played over and over again all day) and lack of real-time coverage has left me looking for another source. Will upgrading to the Premium service provide uninterrupted real time streaming of news stations?

Thanks in advance,

hop
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

So the S has newer driver+ hardware than 2023 T's?
My T is a '22 that I've had for nearly a year, so for sure has the older hardware.

I haven't driven the S yet and the freeway was too busy for my wife to use Driver+ for very long when we picked it up so I can't really offer a comparison on if it functions differently at all.

Anyone having any issues after updating to 2023.10.01?
Some screens were laggy to change to in the UI but it could be that they blew away the pre-cache for them in updates since it seems like that happens sometimes. No issues that I noticed other than that.

cjones1130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi Q7 , 2023 Red Canyon Rivian R1T
My T is a '22 that I've had for nearly a year, so for sure has the older hardware.

I haven't driven the S yet and the freeway was too busy for my wife to use Driver+ for very long when we picked it up so I can't really offer a comparison on if it functions differently at all.
Interesting, I was under the impression it was all software related for Driver+; didn't realize they updated hardware the past year.

Coming from an EV6 which had tremendously good driver assist I am pleasantly surprised w/how well the R1T performs. After reading forum posts I was concerned it would be inferior, but after using it for several days including a long commute I am quite satisfied with it. The Kia was better, but Rivian can continue to catch up and possibly surpass them.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Update successful but not without small quirks. Plugged in my R1T to charge and then started update. The update was successful, the charge session was not, errored out.

Took me a hard reset of the vehicle and a power cycle on the Rivian Wall charger to get it charging again.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Interesting, I was under the impression it was all software related for Driver+; didn't realize they updated hardware the past year.

Coming from an EV6 which had tremendously good driver assist I am pleasantly surprised w/how well the R1T performs. After reading forum posts I was concerned it would be inferior, but after using it for several days including a long commute I am quite satisfied with it. The Kia was better, but Rivian can continue to catch up and possibly surpass them.
I'm guessing it wasn't a planned change and the chip shortage forced them to do it to hit production goals.

Sponsored

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Anyone having any issues after updating to 2023.10.01?
So far so good - only a ~15 mile round trip this morning so far. About to head out for a bit longer of a drive.

CheezyNachos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure: LA Silver/Dark Mountain
Clubs

I have a '23 R1T (picked up last week) and I received the .6.5 update
That is unusual as these were the notes:

"Additional Improvement
This software update is intended for vehicles built with an older version of the Driver+ front camera software. It addresses an occasional issue that disengaged Adaptive Cruise Control or Highway Assist in low light environments."

My 9/22 build R1T never got this update.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Guessing I'll still have to wait the typical week + after the update comes out before I get it. There are some benefits to that too I guess.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
That is unusual as these were the notes:

"Additional Improvement
This software update is intended for vehicles built with an older version of the Driver+ front camera software. It addresses an occasional issue that disengaged Adaptive Cruise Control or Highway Assist in low light environments."

My 9/22 build R1T never got this update.
My 9/22 build R1T didn't either

JPC

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Limestone - Forest Edge - 21"
I'm guessing it wasn't a planned change and the chip shortage forced them to do it to hit production goals.
Is it actually confirmed that the Driver+ hardware changed over time? That would be very surprising because would make software very hard to accommodate two systems.

Several posts back someone incorrectly said that 2023.6.5 was only pushing to vehicles with older Driver+ hardware -- which isn't true, the update says it was only being pushed to vehicles with older Drive+ SOFTWARE. Has that snowballed into a false belief or is there really evidence out there of a hardware change?

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

hardware -- which isn't true, the update says it was only being pushed to vehicles with older Drive+ SOFTWARE.
They said software in the patch notes but if it's not a hardware difference, why is there different versions of software? Shouldn't Rivian be able to update the software on the devices? Why would they not have done this if they could? Seems like it's more likely a firmware difference than anything else, but a lot of times firmware differences are a result of a minor underlying hardware change.

Taco Corp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

I didn't really find much point to using TuneIn over the past 9 months but now you have to sign up for the free trial to get it working at all? Was this "update" just a way to remove what they had been offering at no cost to force yet another subscription service?

Merrill

First Name
Merrill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S and X
Occupation
Retired
Who knows when they will equip the superchargers with the Magic Dock so far it looks like only a few in the northeas.

schalliol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S6, Honda Odyssey
I thought enhanced 2nd & 3rd row air controls were in this update based on a beta notification. Did that not make the release?

howler99

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX 350
Occupation
Analyst
Clubs

sometimes if you opened the charger and plugged in a cable but the truck didn’t recognize it was plugged in, it would close it automatically… on your hand while trying to get the charger to work.

i have only experienced it once at a sometimes-functional ChargePoint L2 charger, but it does close pretty tight. I think I saw someone online post about it breaking the skin when it closed on their hand. My guess- this is the reason.
I wonder what happens if the frunk closes on you? That thing seems like it could break your arm.
Sponsored