Sponsored

For those with no spare or who have changed over…

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

I need to decide on a jack, particularly for off roading. This should work great, like it did on my Jeep.

71fClZcVMLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Read the manual it says not to use this type of jack
Sponsored

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

The manual says not to use an exhaust jack? Huh.
It says not use airbags under the battery pack. Not sure how you could use that airbag without it lifting on the battery pack.
Rivian R1T R1S For those with no spare or who have changed over… 1707333755869

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

LOL, it was a joke. It's...an....EXHAUST jack....

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

LOL, it was a joke. It's...an....EXHAUST jack....
Yeah but some have suggested using on board air compressor to fill it.
Nice Zero I have same bike but I think year older or newer mine is lighter color.

Sponsored

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
I think it's silly not to equip every vehicle with a spare tire and jack assembly. A can of fix-a-flat and an air compressor isn't an acceptable alternative for me. And to be honest, I'd prefer a fullsize spare rather than one of those little donut spares or a collapsible spare. But everyone is trying to increase efficiency and lower costs, so spares seem to be a dying thing these days.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

Damn, that would take FOREVER! This is a 2023, with the new battery pack. If you're on a 22, that has the better battery also. I fell in love with it when I rented one. Here's my first super-useful mod....

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

I think it's silly not to equip every vehicle with a spare tire and jack assembly. A can of fix-a-flat and an air compressor isn't an acceptable alternative for me. And to be honest, I'd prefer a fullsize spare rather than one of those little donut spares or a collapsible spare. But everyone is trying to increase efficiency and lower costs, so spares seem to be a dying thing these days.
I haven't needed a spare for an on-road vehicle in at least 20 years, probably longer. Useless cost and maintenance.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
It says not use airbags under the battery pack. Not sure how you could use that airbag without it lifting on the battery pack.
1707333755869.png
Just for the record.....see #3? Those are the control arms of the suspension. You can use those as a jack/lift point for any vehicle and the great thing about lifting from there is that you aren't lifting against the suspension travel. In other words, the wheel/tire comes off the ground immediately instead of lifting after the suspension travel runs out. So even a low-rise jack will work on most vehicles when you lift under the control arms.

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

Damn, that would take FOREVER! This is a 2023, with the new battery pack. If you're on a 22, that has the better battery also. I fell in love with it when I rented one. Here's my first super-useful mod....

Yeah mine is 22

Sponsored

Glembi2

First Name
Glembi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis GV70, Civic, & Mazda3
Occupation
Patent attorney
Clubs

What a coincidence! I was commenting to my son this weekend about those inflatable jacks and how he could outfit his Outback with one.

Last edited:

Glembi2

First Name
Glembi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis GV70, Civic, & Mazda3
Occupation
Patent attorney
Clubs

I haven't needed a spare for an on-road vehicle in at least 20 years, probably longer. Useless cost and maintenance.
I have to believe it is a talisman that wards away evil nails and other things that puncture tires.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

What a coincidence! I was commenting to my son this weekend about those inflatable jacks and how he could outfit his Outback with one.
it was great for my Jeeps, including getting unstuck from mud and sand.

Rivian R1T R1S For those with no spare or who have changed over… 60962420829__2B0ABF2A-1B3E-456F-B811-E68C1FD8A8F5

KBabione

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and other ICE
Occupation
Consultant
I bought a plug kit and carry a Gerber multitool (to pull out nails, crews, and allen wrenches) figuring that my most likely issue is that kind of puncture. I'm about to buy a bottle jack (with a tall magnetic puck) and torque wrench/socket in case I have to remove the tire and can't do the plug with the tire on the truck.

I had a Sienna minivan that had run flats and I hated them - you could go up to 100 miles after they were punctured. Yippee. Of course, we hit a nail 30 miles into a 200 mile trip on a Friday night of a holiday weekend. I got very lucky and got hold of a truck tire mobile repair guy who was available and he pulled my tire off and plugged it. One of the reasons I always keep 10 $20 bills in each car...

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I think a full-size spare should be an option on all vehicles marketed as being off-road capable and a spare of some sort should be an option on other vehicles, when possible. It should be an option because there are some people who won’t want it. It’s not always possible because some vehicles don’t have the space for a spare tire.

The lack of space is probably going to be more of an issue for on-road passenger vehicles as time goes by. I say this because there is declining interest by consumers so designers seem less likely to plan around spare tire storage when they can use the space for things that consumers want more.
Sponsored