Sponsored

From Tony End of September Email Delivery Update!

Wallace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Seriously, people bitch because they don’t communicate and then bitch because they don’t like the communication.

Clearly does not matter what Rivian does, they will get complaints anyway…..
In fairness, the complaint is not the communication style or lack thereof, it’s the repeated missed promises on timing. Of course, Rivian isn’t alone in this, but it’s not exactly surprising that people are frustrated (including me)
Sponsored

Wallace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
So if your delivery window is Oct-Dec how would you take this email?
I’m in the same boat. Not exactly promising. But I guess we will just have to wait 2 more weeks to get (yet another) promised date.

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
The self-righteousness in this forum is unreal. This reads like the Tesla delivery forum: “Waahhh waHhh” I was promised a date and it got pushed back again.

They clearly are trying to improve while streamlining the process and keep the bottom line in check. They are running a huge deficit and catering to 200 forum member complaints about communication isn’t a top priority.

Let them work and y’all can get another car in the interim. If you can afford a Rivian then you’re not strapped for cash and can afford to lease some other set of wheels while Rivian works out the production line.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

My delivery window is Nov 22- Jan 23. Probably won't change except I will be able to see this timeline in my account now! HA!
I think you should just configure what you want. I’m not charging mine but have not wavered on my original configuration.

To me though, a few months one way or the other isn’t worth configuring a vehicle I am not satisfied with.
Agreed

Sponsored

bcp

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Executive Director, Non-Profit association
Hi Michael,​
To provide more visibility into your preorder’s status and help you better plan for delivery, we’ll be adding your delivery timing estimate to your Rivian Account in late October. We appreciate your patience while we've built out this new functionality.

Delivery timing estimates are based on your original preorder date, delivery location and your saved configuration. For this initial update, we will use your preorder information as of October 16th to calculate your estimate. Your estimate should appear in your Account at the end of the month. We will share details of how the Account updates will work moving forward when the feature launches next month.

As we continue making updates and additions to our product line, we will do our best to indicate when deliveries for new options will begin. It's worth reiterating that changing your configuration will almost always result in a change to your delivery timing estimate. We plan production several months out, batching groups of similarly configured vehicles to be built in succession. This approach improves predictability with our supply chain and allows us to build more vehicles. We want you to choose the Rivian vehicle that’s perfect for you, and while it’s possible your estimate could shift for other reasons, it’s important to underscore the impact changes have on your delivery timing estimate.

Many of you have requested this feature and our team is excited to deliver it. We look forward to you seeing it next month.

Tony Caravano
Head of Rivian Customer Engagement​
I received this email today as well, but not sure why as I took delivery of my R1T two weeks ago.

ansky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS / T120 Black Scrambler
So if your delivery window is Oct-Dec how would you take this email?
I feel like the end of year groups won't really apply to this. Those next steps are usually through guide contact etc, more one to one communication or locking config, internal stuff anyway so the larger form emails and calculations are more applicable to people who are further out.

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Anyone think @disneydad got an email? 😂😂😂
I suspect he has forgotten about wanting a Rivian, as he did for six months.

So I was thinking about modifying my config and stick with the default 21s instead of 22s. But this probably would push my delivery date back because, you know, lower margins and all, so I guess I am going to stick with my current config.

Or am I looking at this the wrong way?
I agree with previous posts that you should configure what you want. I assume at this point that only max pack is sure to delay delivery. Even default items, like 21" wheels, could be in short supply when you vehicle is due for production.

Also, I don't think this new delivery forecast system is bad news for late 2022 deliveries. I think it's a sign of production running smoother. The whole process from supplier to finished product is enormously complex and was only theoretical until it began to function at the end of last year. RJ may have been dreaming of Rivian in middle school, but as a real vehicle manufacturer it is only a year old.

Last edited:

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Seriously, people bitch because they don’t communicate and then bitch because they don’t like the communication.

Clearly does not matter what Rivian does, they will get complaints anyway…..
Exactly; waste of time if you ask me. Just don’t bother, beyond publishing an estimated wait time for new customers during the reservation process and focus the c suite on producing as many vehicles as possible and start driving down cost basis of the vehicles.

Sponsored

Tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe -> Audi e-tron
Occupation
Counselor
The email was sent to the masses. I got the same email yesterday and got unlocked for delivery at same time. Through step 6 (holding off on payment) and waiting delivery date. Guide contacted me too to acknowledge my VIN assignment. Hang in there - there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Outdoorsman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ram truck
“Anything worthwhile is worth waiting for…”this didn’t make me feel better when I was a kid, but turns out my mother was right, and I tell my daughter the same thing.
“Anticipation is part of the fun in life…” that one is mine. If I had a dollar for every time my daughter told me I was right she would’ve gone to college for free.
Happy waiting to all, and happy motoring to all that have their vehicles. Your time will come! Peace out ✌

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I love this statement 😂
Are you telling us, Americans, to wait and forget about generations of plenty (food, comfort, cars, cheap gas…)???
I have to say that after 20 years in this country I had gotten used to this way of life.
Generations? I think we can throw all past experience away since we are living through unprecedented circumstances. The last global pandemic was over 100 years before this one and the concepts used in modern manufacturing weren’t even possible then. This is the first global pandemic where circumstances in other countries can affect manufacturing here.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Generations? I think we can throw all past experience away since we are living through unprecedented circumstances. The last global pandemic was over 100 years before this one and the concepts used in modern manufacturing weren’t even possible then. This is the first global pandemic where circumstances in other countries can affect manufacturing here.
Generations. Yes a few since the 50s. (My comment was sarcastic by the way).
And yes I wholeheartedly agree. Things are different and I wouldn’t be surprised if it stays that way. Circumstances in other are affecting the little bit of manufacturing left in this country but that’s a choice we made decades ago to make more money.
Sponsored