Sponsored

Longevity of tires between 20s, 21s, and 22s?

ADVNOW

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler JK, JL 4XE
Occupation
Manufacturing
Clubs

I have the 20" AT's and I'm at 32k right now. I'm thinking ill be close to 40k before replacing them.

I lot of the wear has to do with driving styles.
Sponsored

Reactions: VSG

Ashtothexo

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS1
Occupation
Fintech
Clubs

How did you know it was “safe” to buy those other tires? I’ve heard that due to the weight of the Riv you really have to buy the tires they give you. But maybe that’s not true. Suppose you can see what weights other tires can handle. Discount tires system only had the pirelli option to order for Rivs.

How to you avoid or fix the toe in issues? Do you think that’s related to the tires you got? Given the wear and toe in you are seeing would you buy these other tires again?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
How did you know it was “safe” to buy those other tires? I’ve heard that due to the weight of the Riv you really have to buy the tires they give you. But maybe that’s not true. Suppose you can see what weights other tires can handle. Discount tires system only had the pirelli option to order for Rivs.

How to you avoid or fix the toe in issues? Do you think that’s related to the tires you got? Given the wear and toe in you are seeing would you buy these other tires again?
Based on the load capacity and speed rating of the tires. The Conti is a 115 load index. I called Rivian and they strongly recommend a 116 High Load rated tire but a 115 XL is acceptable, early deliveries shipped with a 115. It's just an extra margin of safety. If you're going to load the vehicle up with people and cargo and tow a heavy trailer, get a 116 or higher (there are E rated tires that fit now), otherwise a 115 should be fine. I ordered my Contis through Discount Tire with no problem, and they came and did mobile installation at my house which was awesome!

The toe issue is simply an alignment problem and the vehicle was likely delivered from the factory with a bad alignment. Has nothing to do with tires except that a bad alignment will cause tires to wear out faster.

So far, after only a few hundred miles, I'm loving the new tires. Extremely unlikely I would ever go back to the OE Pirelli.

fjn7

First Name
Florin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Finance
Clubs

I would expect the Pirelli’s on the R1 to last 20k miles, give or take. Could be less if you drive on concrete freeways like we have in Southern California. If you drive a lot in Conserve 2WD mode a lot expect the front tires to wear out even faster. All Purpose mode is best for a more even wear, as well as rotations every 7,500 miles. Your mileage will vary but don’t expect them to hit anywhere close to the advertised figures.
Sponsored