Sponsored

New Charger software V03.04.09

Christos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I noticed one of my chargers updated itself to 03.04.09. Is there any info on the update?

The reason I was checking was because another charger is stuck on the 03.01.47. I tried cycling the breaker but to no avail. The charger works perfectly though. Any thoughts on how to force and update?
Sponsored

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Interestingā€¦ mine was also automagically updated to 03.04.09, and it seems to have happened on 3/9.

oskeei

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Duramax Silverado, French's Mustard Yellow R1S
Clubs

Have a Rivian Charger also "stuck" on 3.1.47. She works well with my S and have not had any sync issues so stopped trying to force an upgrade.

Riviaenz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster, XC90 R-Design, XC90 T8, R1T Adventure
Seriously though - do updates to the Rivian charger do anything? I havenā€™t seen any change in function. Iā€˜ve not seen features or widgets added in the Rivian app under the charger or even under charging history. While charging the Rivian app looks the same regardless of what home EVSE I use (I have Rivian, Wallbox and ChargePoint) or even public charger.

I would love for it to log and show monthly home charging activity. Given how itā€™s ā€œintegrated with Rivianā€ it should be able to give me a more accurate report of distance traveled related to each home charge.

A view like this would be great (Wallbox)
Rivian R1T R1S New Charger software V03.04.09 E02%21113271&authkey=%21AJFsQbM3m5EQA6w&height=660

Or even like this summary/trend view (ChargePoint)
Rivian R1T R1S New Charger software V03.04.09 E02%21113272&authkey=%21AHICc0DdhmjAOcs&height=660

Actually it would be great if they added function like ChargePoints considering they have our home charger AND RAN. Itā€™d be great for them to show it combined like that. What I like about ChargePointā€™s is I can look at it by session and see the charging curve, duration, and estimated cost for how much energy was dispensed. Both Wallbox and ChargePoint let you manually enter your per kW rate.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Christos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
This is interesting. Not something I check very often, but see I'm at 3.01.47, as well. Now this is something else to obsessively watch over to see if/when mine gets updated. šŸ˜†
What version do you have? My V8 is the new software while and older V7 is the 03.01.47 software. Look at the last two digits of the model number.

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

What version do you have? My V8 is the new software while and older V7 is the 03.01.47 software. Look at the last two digits of the model number.
Ah, appears to be a V7. Thanks! Wonder what the difference is?

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
The difference is 1

Sponsored

Riviaenz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster, XC90 R-Design, XC90 T8, R1T Adventure
This is interesting. Not something I check very often, but see I'm at 3.01.47, as well. Now this is something else to obsessively watch over to see if/when mine gets updated. šŸ˜†

https://rivian.com/support/article/...es-ota-after-connecting-my-wall-charger-to-wi
Ours is still on 03.01.47. Whatā€™s the difference between that and 03.04.09? Clearly theyā€™ve been making periodic updates but what do the updates to the charger do in terms of function? As far as Iā€™ve noticed with ours, other than being connected, thereā€™s no ā€smartsā€ to it (customer facing).

Makes me wonder if the only benefit is on the back end for Rivian to get better telemetry and profile their customers. From a consumer perspective thereā€™s nothing there. Why bother having it be connected to WiFi or BT or am I missing some charge feature in the Rivian app?

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Why bother having it be connected to WiFi or BT or am I missing some charge feature in the Rivian app?
You can get some limited data in the app such as how much power it's providing (kW / V / A). There's always the hope that this will be expanded upon and additional features added in future updates. Also allows Rivian the ability to remotely troubleshoot.

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Mine is still on 03.00.30.

Love the symmetry of the number. Annoyed Iā€™m apparently about 48,000 revs behind.

Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, X5 45E
Same here. Mines on V03.00.30. is there something that needs to be done to update it?
Sponsored