webfootdawg

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5, A4
Clubs

I think I’m the only one in America that hasn’t received the update yet.
Just got an email FROM Rivian touting the new features that will stop the ridiculous vampire drain I’m experiencing…run to check the app and 1S and all I get is “You’re Up To Date with Version 2023.46.0”

Email was a total c$cktease 😖

I didn’t get update until just after that email.
Sponsored

Bimmer100

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Audio HiFi Manufacturer
Clubs

Anyone figure out what the improved maneuverability at low speeds did?
I just commented on this,
For me it was dramatic. As before it was like stepping on a mushy pedal with no response. Like dead spot of 1/4-1/2 which is annoying and sloppy. Now it’s like 1/16-1/8th before car moves. Shocked you can’t tell. Maybe you are asking because you don’t have the update yet?
It was stated it was only for reverse or whatever it feels like it's a change to the overall mapping and all for the better

• Improved vehicle maneuverability at low speeds.
  • Improved throttle control when in Reverse.

Bimmer100

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Audio HiFi Manufacturer
Clubs

Bingo! That’s me. I don’t hear the static so it doesn’t bother me. Same thing with the non-Meridian sound system. I probably could not hear the difference.

I would like a way to pipe in the low frequency growl of a Harley when at idle and a high reving McLaren when accelerating. It would save me from having to make the sounds myself.
Just got an email FROM Rivian touting the new features that will stop the ridiculous vampire drain I’m experiencing…run to check the app and 1S and all I get is “You’re Up To Date with Version 2023.46.0”

not sure it matters, but I never really got updates very often or soon until my truck was allowed access to our home WiFi. I think Rivian allows those vehicles with WiFi priority vs those without WiFi as to save bandwidth of their own “free” network. And understand why as it is a huge update and lot of data to download. But maybe you have WiFi access setup on your truck and are just unlucky.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Mine is charging to 100% in the garage for a short road trip the wife is taking today and connected to our wifi, still no update.

I used to be one of the first every month :(

Don't let this happen to you, you don't know how good you have it....

Beanejar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - CY/OC

Not the only one….still waiting…. Soon, I’m sure. Soon. 🫤

Sponsored

Jabbahop

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 BMW i3, ‘19 BMW i3, ‘22 R1T -> ‘24 R1S Max
Occupation
retired
well according to Electrafi website - yesterday (pre update) my Phantom battery drain was 6.84 miles. Today (after update) my Phantom drain was 0 miles. Both nights it was sitting outside in high teens. I am very excited!

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
It seems like it takes a week to 10 days for everyone to get the randomly dispersed update. I don't have it yet, and I'm happy letting others install it before me and verify that there are no issues with it.
I got the update notice overnight. For me, compared to other updates, this was pretty early in the timeline, so it says to me that the release timing is indeed randomized.

Franksmartin

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Software
If the battery is below a target temperature, the vehicle will use the windings in the motors as heating coils to heat the cooling fluid that goes through the battery, greatly assisting in bringing the temperature up. You can watch this feature in the very cold by checking your motor temperature prior to leaving. If you have preconditioned, they will often be quite hot, even though the motors have not spun yet.

The DM does this more effectively than the QM, but both will do it.
I just tested this out! If you just warm up the cabin, the motor and batteries did not warm up at all after 10 minutes. If you navigate to a charger then the motors definitely do get hot and warm the battery even while in park.

shimps1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

No, I'm not wrong, and you're incapable of reading comprehension, I guess. Just because the designed the turn signal sound to be special doesn't mean it's a high quality recording.

There is static that you can distinctly hear, coming from the speaker, in between the thumps of the turn signal. It only exists when the turn signals are it. It is coming from the turn signal recording. It sounds like something playing at 100% volume and compression artifacts are showing, or a low quality recording. No other way to describe it, that's exactly what it sounds like.

Sponsored

iforbes

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
APRN
Clubs

No, I'm not wrong, and you're incapable of reading comprehension, I guess….
You are a really cool person and people really like you. I hope I can stay friends with someone as great and smart as you forever.

None of that happens for me.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

You are a really cool person and people really like you. I hope I can stay friends with someone as great and smart as you forever.

None of that happens for me.
I can really only hear the "static" if my HVAC is off. Which is rare. It only happens between one half of the dead space and not the entire time the signal is on, which is probably why it's so obvious in that situation to some folks.

Jim4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Finally got the update last night. Looking forward to driving today!

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Damn! Left the schedule on and parked outside unplugged. Started preconditioning at 640 for 720 departure. Already used 2%. Hope I make it up in drive to work. In socal with temps in low 40s currently.

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

not sure it matters, but I never really got updates very often or soon until my truck was allowed access to our home WiFi. I think Rivian allows those vehicles with WiFi priority vs those without WiFi as to save bandwidth of their own “free” network. And understand why as it is a huge update and lot of data to download. But maybe you have WiFi access setup on your truck and are just unlucky.
Perhaps. How good is the AT&T signal where you park? It may just be having trouble completing the large downloads.
Sponsored