Sponsored

Problems problems, all these damn problems! Let's hear from those who've had little / no issues! 🗯️

Whataboykie!

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Audi SQ5,
Occupation
Tired
Clubs

Yeah, like most, I have my problems, luckily my Rivian isn't one of them!

I am the happy owner of a 2022 R1T with just over 20,000 miles on it. Yes, I have read about everybody's issues, but I have been trouble free with my Rivian VIN xxx004911!

Seems like most threads are about some issue. Let's also hear from those who've had no or little issues so far. I am one of them.

There is something to be said about controlling 835 hp with my right foot!

Love my Rivian!
Sponsored

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My name is Mike, and I have a (car) problem
I have never had anything that left me stranded, or even mildly inconvenienced. Love my truck. Would buy another tomorrow, but we’re holding off for the R2.

zpowell

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, GMC Yukon
Occupation
Pilot
I'm at 15 months and 14,400 miles. I had the front 2 motors replaced about 2 months in. They made a very faint purring sound at low speeds and Rivian determined a replacement was needed. The service wasn't minor, but it was a minor inconvenience to me. Rivian hooked me up with a blue R1T while it was in service. I've been trouble free for last 13,000 miles. Couldn't be happier with the truck and service. I look forward to driving it every day and look for reasons to take it on a road trips.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Picked up in June. 5600 miles later and not a single issue so far🤞🏼

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
My R1T has been perfect since delivery in Jan.

I'm not happy with vampire Drain, but that's not a vehicle defect and I may have a work around for that anyway.

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Love my R1T. Amazing vehicle beyond compare.

Some noise in suspension. Noisy splines at half shafts, toking every start and stop. Hope to someday have addressed if they ever build a service center in Wisconsin.

Tonneau works...albeit seems to struggle at times and clunk loud.

But otherwise just works...and works well.

Definitely concerned about some of the QC issues leaving plant, but hoping they are just growing pains and constantly improving.

I would buy another without hesitation with the caveat of needing a service center a hour or so away...incase my next one has any of the reported QC issues.

NCRivian

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Chevy suburban. 2023 R1T
Occupation
Plumber
R1t quad with 32,000 miles. Never had a single issue. Have a reservation for R1S that is ready to configure. Only thing holding me back are personal finances. Will be following through with the R1S hopefully by summer 24.

seatosummit

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '87 LJ70, 73' Porsche 914 (EV Conversion)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

1.5 years, 30k miles. A few small issues along the way, but nothing that has left me stranded. Rivian has been a joy to work with in every interaction. I would likely buy another Rivian vehicle in the future.

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

A year and 4 months into my R1S experience. A few issues here and there but overall 5,000 trouble free smiles. I live on a small island so the accumulation is in small increments.

Sponsored

SparkyR1t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t/Model Y
Occupation
Retired Commercial Electrician and mechanic
Our problem is drivers with problems tend to seek out forums so they can vent and they are a small number of owners

Those of us without any serious issues ( and we are the majority) like myself don’t normally seek out forums to document our pleasure with our Rivians

Need to ask our friends to start sharing the positives on this forum

R1TruKaLa

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Blue R1T
Occupation
Merchant Seaman
Yeah, like most, I have my problems, luckily my Rivian isn't one of them!

I am the happy owner of a 2022 R1T with just over 20,000 miles on it. Yes, I have read about everybody's issues, but I have been trouble free with my Rivian VIN xxx004911!

Seems like most threads are about some issue. Let's also hear from those who've had no or little issues so far. I am one of them.

There is something to be said about controlling 835 hp with my right foot!

Love my Rivian!
Love mine 14k miles so far, daily driver , no issues 😎

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

I remember the day well. It was September 5th, 2023, just 8 months after my early delivery (early compared to last estimate window) and was unusually warm for the time of year. I pushed the window washer button and anticipated the sweet sweet smell that would soon move throughout the cabin. It was not to be though as the washer pump began to whine and then quickly changed pitch while a sad spray of liquid hit the windshield signaling the reservoir had run dry.

I feel seen :oops:

Red Beard

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Chevy Tahoe
Occupation
Technology
We've had our R1S since mid-June. It's been amazing for about 7,000 miles. We have taken it on 4 of the longest trips we typically drive in a year (about 4 hours of driving 275-300 miles one way). We haven't done cross country yet, but have gone out of state.

We even made it on one leg 275 miles loaded down with a week's worth of gear, four people, and a big Thule rooftop box all without charging once. I couldn't believe it.

Florida Boy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX300h, Toyota Tacoma
I've had my R1T since March 2022, VIN 34xx, though it only has about 10K miles (I have a short commute). I've had a rattle and one issue with water intrusion into a front wiring harness that disabled the front radar and windshield camera (strange) and the result was the loss of Driver+. Rivian did a good job in fixing it and also took care of a few 'recalls', including the front drive shaft splines. Service has been good and I could not be happier. Considering buying a second one, but will probably wait on R2T. The idea of a slightly smaller, less complex pickup is quite appealing.
Sponsored