Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Location #1 (Home) -> I solved it by simply having it lock at home
Location #2 - > I solved it by putting the fob into a tin can

In my experiments the range can very from 1ft to like 40 yards.

I have the phone as key turned off and I use the fob instead.
Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Awake or unlocked?

OPs concern is constant locking/unlocking.
Both. But I've had it stay awake for over an hour with the key more than 100 ft away while at the office, frequently.

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Yeah but it doesn't make any sense at all for it to be triggered this far away. If you're parked at a restaurant and go into eat, you wouldn't want your car to start unlocking. They should give the consumer a way to tweak it so it only gets triggered at distances less than x feet.
Is your key fob set up for proximity? If so, and it’s sitting in a spot just in range of the truck, it’s entirely possible that the signal strength is just enough to randomly trigger lock/unlock.

OP
OP

adaykin

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Sr. SW Engineer Bioinformatics
Location #1 (Home) -> I solved it by simply having it lock at home
Location #2 - > I solved it by putting the fob into a tin can

In my experiments the range can very from 1ft to like 40 yards.

I have the phone as key turned off and I use the fob instead.
Ahh so putting it into the tin can disables it somehow? I may have to try that..

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

I’ve turned off proximity locking at home but mine still locks/unlocks when I go in/out of my garage. Rivian can’t figure out how to fix it. They’ve tried rebooting, resetting. I think the root of the problem is it doesn’t recognize this as my home address and I can’t figure out how to get it to recognize this address as my home, i recently moved.

anyone running into this problem and solve it?

Only in the last few days has my truck, that ive had for 18 months, started locking / unlocking when I move around my yard. Nothing at all has changed. My home address in the nav hasn't changed, and I still have proximity locking location behavior at home set to "Off."

I just want manual control over my truck's locking. Anyone have a solution?

Ps with my mom's x5 apparently it is not possibly to turn off auto-locking doors when you exit the car. Even in a locked garage.

Sponsored

Joe Hoffman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S & 2013 CMAX Energi Plugin
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Reboot the vehicle.

also try setting HOME someplace else, then go to that location and test, then set back. It’s possible it’s lost the GPS settings of your home for some reason.

OP
OP

adaykin

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Sr. SW Engineer Bioinformatics
Only in the last few days has my truck, that ive had for 18 months, started locking / unlocking when I move around my yard. Nothing at all has changed. My home address in the nav hasn't changed, and I still have proximity locking location behavior at home set to "Off."

I just want manual control over my truck's locking. Anyone have a solution?

Ps with my mom's x5 apparently it is not possibly to turn off auto-locking doors when you exit the car. Even in a locked garage.
As best I can tell the algorithm for when the key will unlock it is based on both how close the key is to the car and how long it is within a given range. So if you walk by the car and are about 10 feet away but don't stay in range, it won't trigger the unlock. But if you're 30 feet away and stay within that 30 foot range for maybe 30 minutes, it will unlock the vehicle. YMMV.

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Samsung phone I just set up a routine. If I'm connected to my work wi-fi then turn off bt. Same for one of the more distant access points at my house. When I walk to the car, the wifi becomes out of range and the BT turns back on. Let's the car sleep more as well.

I don't think such things are possible on an iPhone though.

You can turn off BT entirely and unlock over cellular but then you still can't start the car and drive it without BT

Of course using a key card gets rid of paak entirely. You might be able to put a key card in your phone case and hold that up to the handle instead.
Sponsored