Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Lincoln Mark LT & '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Outdoor/Indoor E911 Wireless Engineer
Wow... my Tarkus just became a unicorn again... šŸ¦„
Rivian R1T R1S Report: Rivian discontinuing Compass Yellow, Vegan Leather and 20" Bright AT wheels 20230816_191454
Sponsored

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Iā€™ve only ever seen 2 compass yellow Rivians in my life, and one of them is in my drive way. Personally I like having a super rare truck (Rivian) and a super rare color (CY). I was nervous about going CY and almost didn't do it, but having it for ~6 months I honestly think CY+black wheels is the best color combo there is. While I think eliminating it is a mistake, Iā€˜m kind of happy about it :p

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

People need some color in their lives. I hear nearly 70% of the R1s are configured in black, white, or shades of grays.

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340, Tesla M3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

Compass Yellow isnā€™t saturated enough. Every compelling photo of it has upped the saturation to make it a sporty yellow-orange. Unfortunately itā€™s a dusty pale yellow.

They will hopefully introduce some new colors soon, including a few bright options that would look great at the beach with surfboards on top.
Could not disagree moreā€¦ far from a ā€œDusty paleā€

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
Iā€™ve only ever seen 2 compass yellow Rivians in my life, and one of them is in my drive way. Personally I like having a super rare truck (Rivian) and a super rare color (CY). I was nervous about going CY and almost didn't do it, but having it for ~6 months I honestly think CY+black wheels is the best color combo there is. While I think eliminating it is a mistake, Iā€˜m kind of happy about it :p
I agree - I bought my CY R1T with 21s but probably going to go aftermarket 20" wheels in satin black.

I'm super excited that CY is being discontinued to be honest.

Sponsored

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

I'm just glad they didn't kill the red. I need it to still be around when I'm ready for my next R1T in a few years.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Compass Yellow isnā€™t saturated enough. Every compelling photo of it has upped the saturation to make it a sporty yellow-orange. Unfortunately itā€™s a dusty pale yellow.

They will hopefully introduce some new colors soon, including a few bright options that would look great at the beach with surfboards on top.
I think it's similar to every color that Rivian makes; photos just don't do them justice. I've only seen a few CY R1s, but photos don't represent them very well. Still not for me, but much better in person.

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
I agree - I bought my CY R1T with 21s but probably going to go aftermarket 20" wheels in satin black.

I'm super excited that CY is being discontinued to be honest.
But what if someone rear-ends you tomorrow and your yellow R1T is declared a total loss by your insurance. You won't be able to replace it.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited, R1S Launch Green
Clubs

I wanted a Compass Yellow but picked a Launch Green from the shop and hoped when dual motor R1Ses would be widely available I'd switch to a yellow with the latest updates, etc.

Oh well.

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
With the yellow bits all over, I had viewed Yellow as part of their corporate identity.
In that context, discontinuing yellow makes no sense even if it is not the most popular paint color.

I wonder if they will also be deleting all of the yellow accents too.

Sponsored

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Iā€™m sure at some point they will bring back the compass yellow option. Taking a way an option or a model is a great way to create a demand for it. People always want what they canā€™t have.
I actually doubt that it would happen any time soon if it does. They are doing this, undoubtedly, to simplify production.

Tesla does this all the time and once something goes away, it almost never comes back.

The vegan dash was kind of a weird option to begin with. Compass yellow was a color I didn't really appreciate until I saw it in person up close.

Congrats to all the CY R1s out there. You just became the most exclusive Rivian Kids on the Block!

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
But what if someone rear-ends you tomorrow and your yellow R1T is declared a total loss by your insurance. You won't be able to replace it.
Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
down one CY, but didn't RJ say they were working on two new colors...both of which will be out s00n.....?

Lesyo64

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Accord hybrid
Occupation
Retired
@Mygrain will not be happy about the vegan dash being discontinued after passing on tons and tons of launch edition builds with free wheels.

I will miss the all terrain brights and wanted to pick up a set down the road to change around like my wife changes her high heels.

I might have to ask the service center if they will sell me bright wheels only without tires.
I've got 2 for sale in Southern California.
Sponsored