Votes: 128 57.9%

• Total voters

GreenOptimist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Had to turn ours off as well. Snow covered roads led to some scary situations where the R1T thought it found lines and tried to veer us in odd directions even though we were still in the correct lane.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mabowden

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
The guide who showed me the car on delivery turned it off for me as soon as we went through the screens... that lets you know just how annoying it is.
Lol. Wish my delivery agent would have done this too. Its so much nicer without it.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
I have it set to vibe the steering wheel. That makes it manageable. I didn't like it steering on its own if I was trying to steer to the side of a lane!

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

I turned mine off the day I got it, the first thing I did was turn mine off. It’s also why I won’t buy a BMW as you cannot turn it off permanently you have to do it every time you drive. At least that’s what the dealer told me when I test drove one.
Our I4 you can turn it off but for me I keep them on in both vehicles as I like the function, doesn't bother me at all. NJ roads might be marked better from what I can remember of our time living in the SF Bay Area

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Ya I've had this off since I got the truck. Either im driving and want all control or I'm in traffic and I want the truck to do everything thats my view.

Sponsored

OldGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Grand Cherokee 4xe
Clubs

Just curious about state laws. I was taught and always lived in states that required you use your turn signal when changing lanes, including if exiting the Highway. In fact, it is my understanding that this requirement was why they implemented the mechanism on the turn signal that allows you to engage the signal without 'locking' it. (You younguns have probably never driven a car where you don't have that).

Second, while I'm not a huge fan of LKA, every car I've owned that had it would 'disengage' when you used the turn signal to change lanes. Is that not the case with the Rivian.

GreenOptimist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Just curious about state laws. I was taught and always lived in states that required you use your turn signal when changing lanes, including if exiting the Highway. In fact, it is my understanding that this requirement was why they implemented the mechanism on the turn signal that allows you to engage the signal without 'locking' it. (You younguns have probably never driven a car where you don't have that).

Second, while I'm not a huge fan of LKA, every car I've owned that had it would 'disengage' when you used the turn signal to change lanes. Is that not the case with the Rivian.
That is the case with the Rivian. However, my issue with LKA is that it "recognizes" lanes that don't exist and will therefore steer the truck dangerously. Our Mach-e was 10X better than this so we kept lane keep on in that car. Rivian has some catching up to do.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
So you might have read my posts about LKA in my specific situation. Well, today I turned it off and let me tell you: it made my driving experience so much nicer this morning.

If you have LKA binging and bonging you around and seemingly not understanding where the lanes are, turn it off!

Both ways on my commute are into the sun, and the freeways in socal are generally a mess, and with all the construction there are areas where lane lines were removed, but in the sun the vehicle still things they are there. Either that, or they have changed the material that the road is made out of (concrete to asphalt) that splits a lane of traffic, and the car thinks you are moving lanes.

About 90% of the time the car activated LKA it was reading a false line. I couldn't seem to take an offramp without my blinker on where LKA wouldn't engage.

This morning I turned it off, and it truly brightened my experience. If you're in a similar experience turn it off for just one day and see :).
But if I turn it off, how am I going to do this on the freeway?

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
I did this on the first day I took delivery. The lane nanny drove me crazy - this feature has no value to me.
I’ve turned it off on my last three cars including my R1S, the constant vibrating or steering back into the lane doesn’t work for any car manufacturer or maybe it’s good for those people that like to stare at their phones while driving and need help to not bounce across two lanes or land in the ditch

Sponsored

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
I turned it off once I got onto the freeway right after I picked up my car. I never turned it on again.

RivnSoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5, ZHP, R1T, E36 M3
Occupation
Tax payer
Mine has been turned off at delivery as well.

Zeus

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord, VW id4
I worry about it on road trips etc as I have def driven into the sun a lot on my life.
You have definitely driven into the sun? Dude, what do you drive or fly, and how did you make it out alive so many times? 😳 :D :CWL:

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Picked up my truck in San Francisco and while driving across the Bay Bridge the same day, the shadow from the sun shining through the bridge structure “looked like” lane stripes in the middle of the lane. Truck had no idea what to do. Haven’t used it since.
Sponsored