Sponsored

What jack should I use for tire rotations?

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
Please share your experience on what jack to use on the R1s!! Thank you in advance.
Sponsored

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Please share your experience on what jack to use on the R1s!! Thank you in advance.
For the record Rivian recommends at least a 3 ton jack. If you don't want to remove underbody panels then you need jack pucks.

https://assets.rivian.com/2md5qhoea...d558/R1-tire-service-guide-en-us-20231010.pdf

Lots of options for jack pucks. EV Sportline or Jackpucks.com (both site sponsors that have info posted on the site). There are also cheaper options available on Amazon. For the record I also have the Cat offroad jack for home use and use a bottle jack for road side emergencies (but I haven't had to use it yet).

OP
OP
BeanEW

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
For the record Rivian recommends at least a 3 ton jack. If you don't want to remove underbody panels then you need jack pucks.

https://assets.rivian.com/2md5qhoea...d558/R1-tire-service-guide-en-us-20231010.pdf

Lots of options for jack pucks. EV Sportline or Jackpucks.com (both site sponsors that have info posted on the site). There are also cheaper options available on Amazon. For the record I also have the Cat offroad jack for home use and use a bottle jack for road side emergencies (but I haven't had to use it yet).
Thank you! I purchased a set of jack pucks from this site but just didn't know what grade of jack to use. It looks that a 3 ton is sufficient.

Sponsored

not_a_car_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Perf Dual Motor
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I got this even more price sensitive floor jack: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BR569TKM/

Others have mentioned in related threads that they have trouble raising the rear wheel enough. If you use the Megawatt Jack puck, which seems to be taller than many others, it will lift the rear enough to change a tire.

Edit: it's also low profile enough to fit under sedans and smaller SUVs.

Last edited:

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
On sale for black friday.

Badland Jack
Will it be on sale for Black Friday? What will the price be? I didn't see any indication.

I do have a 25% no exclusions coupon I may use for it.

oskeei

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Duramax Silverado, French's Mustard Yellow R1S
Clubs

Will it be on sale for Black Friday? What will the price be? I didn't see any indication.

$279 (normally $319) . Great build quality. If u do not need a toolbox, worth using the coupon.

Promo is already active for Club members, live for everyone else on Friday.

Nine_One_Six_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Clubs

279 for Black Friday

But with your no exclusions coupon you would get it at 239 so that is better. I used my no exclusions already on a tool box.
Sponsored