Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

OK, here are the pictures of the new trim. It appears that the small sections of plastic that one could rotate with their hands at the front corners of the hood are now replaced with a continuous trim that prevents air from getting under the hood.

IMG_2746.jpeg

I don’t have pictures of the original trim, but I know that i used to be able to rotate sections of the trim that were about 4” long at these corners previously. I’ve seen pics of that trim on the forums, but I couldn’t locate it.
This is good to see as, hopefully, a permanent fix. I assume this is now installed on new builds.
Sponsored

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Wonder if this can be installed by mobile service…. Thanks for the pics.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
OK, here are the pictures of the new trim. It appears that the small sections of plastic that one could rotate with their hands at the front corners of the hood are now replaced with a continuous trim that prevents air from getting under the hood.

IMG_2746.jpeg

I don’t have pictures of the original trim, but I know that i used to be able to rotate sections of the trim that were about 4” long at these corners previously. I’ve seen pics of that trim on the forums, but I couldn’t locate it.
Thanks! Glad to see that's what I have on my 01/23 build R1S.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Wonder if this can be installed by mobile service…. Thanks for the pics.
I would expect so, it most likely uses the same points of attachment.

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
I would expect so, it most likely uses the same points of attachment.
My truck was supposed to be ready on Friday, but they had to have the new hood seal overnighted as the attachment points on the new hood were different from the original ones. Not sure the updated seal would have worked with the original hood.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
My truck was supposed to be ready on Friday, but they had to have the new hood seal overnighted as the attachment points on the new hood were different from the original ones. Not sure the updated seal would have worked with the original hood.
Interesting. I was assuming they replaced the hood due to the foam/epoxy. Seems odd they wouldn't use existing attachment points but lots we don't know about the changes made and why.

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
I have this same issue on a 12/22 build. To be clear, is the fix a new seal or a new hood or additional epoxy or a combination of these? I have an appointment with service for this, but just wanting to be sure I know what to ask for.

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
I have this same issue on a 12/22 build. To be clear, is the fix a new seal or a new hood or additional epoxy or a combination of these? I have an appointment with service for this, but just wanting to be sure I know what to ask for.
Well. I‘m not sure what your fix will be. Some have had luck with the epoxy. They did try that for me once, but it didn’t correct the issue. I would let them try that first as it is the simplest route.

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
Well. I‘m not sure what your fix will be. Some have had luck with the epoxy. They did try that for me once, but it didn’t correct the issue. I would let them try that first as it is the simplest route.
I will do that, but is there also a redesigned seal for the hood that fixes the problem?

avigneault

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Mine had a similar problem, and it's not uncommon for Tacomas and such to do that as well.

Get an appointment bones at the service center. They'll glue it up. 100% solves the issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Eticket99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC60 T8
Mine had a similar problem, and it's not uncommon for Tacomas and such to do that as well.

Get an appointment bones at the service center. They'll glue it up. 100% solves the issue.
80% solves the issue - truck has been in twice for the epoxy solution, while the depression isn't as big as original, it's still noticably there.

Flexia

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
I’m still trying to get the CLE service center to address mine. They said yes it’s and issue but yours R1 doesn’t fall in the vin rage that the TSB is for. They have yet to fix anything on mine yet. I’ve called multiple times too

OP
OP

Eticket99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC60 T8
Update to mine - after the 3rd attempt - apparently they had to "remove" some adhesive and it has dramatically stopped/fixed my issue, although unclear as to where and why it wasn't done the first 2 times it was in. Notes on the service paper said "design flaw" instead of the "adhesive added" from the previous 2 times it was in.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
Hmmm...I need check those front trim pieces and complain about mine again. It's been in twice with the second time being the epoxy "fix" but there has been no noticeable change in hood lift & flutter at highway speeds.

OP
OP

Eticket99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC60 T8
Hmmm...I need check those front trim pieces and complain about mine again. It's been in twice with the second time being the epoxy "fix" but there has been no noticeable change in hood lift & flutter at highway speeds.
This was what was on the service recap - first time it didn't include the "adhesive added" part.

Rivian R1T R1S Wind depresses hood 1684163248559
Sponsored