First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
He's saying that while the GoM likely did say 250 miles @62%, it was a software error to report that range. He was not calling you a liar, just pointing out that range was due to a glitch, and your current range estimate is more accurate.
I find it beyond amusing that a bunch of MIT mathematicians are telling me what I’m sharing has been my actual , observed ranges. Granted it’s an estimate and I get that. That said I was sharing my estimates prior to the new update which drastically reduced my range. The update was billed as increasing range. To me the update negatively effected my OBSERVED ranges
Sponsored

OP
OP
mikehmb

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
I find it beyond amusing that a bunch of MIT mathematicians are telling me what I’m sharing has been my actual , observed ranges. Granted it’s an estimate and I get that. That said I was sharing my estimates prior to the new update which drastically reduced my range. The update was billed as increasing range. To me the update negatively effected my OBSERVED ranges
Are you observing a lower net range on 2023.3.x compared to previous observations on 2022.47.x? That’s wild, if I understand correctly.

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
Are you observing a lower net range on 2023.3.x compared to previous observations on 2022.47.x? That’s wild, if I understand correctly.
That’s exactly what happened when I downloaded the latest update this morning.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I'm not 100% sure how to take that statement, but it seems like you've got it figured out so have fun.

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Gladiator, Porsche GT4, and a bunch of bikes
Clubs

I have to say that I feel my observed range has also declined a bit. My range estimates went up. But real life numbers seem worse than before. Unfortunately I don't have scientific measurements prior to the update so I can't really say for sure.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mikehmb

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
This is the point in the debug where I’d suggest we jump on a call … LOL

File a ticket. My suspicion is that their SW model will need to re-interpret your driving habits. I would occasionally see 3 mi/kWh on road trips, but not at an aggregate. It’s showing me 360 now but I know I’ve done better in the past.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Drafting behind a high profile vehicle? or must have got the first max pack

OP
OP
mikehmb

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Drafting behind a high profile vehicle? or must have got the first max pack
At 60mph, on flat ground, with no wind, in Conserve - I easily pulled that kind of range (21s) on road trips. YMMV - literally.

Problem is, the truck is too fun so I’m constantly doing childish things and running way faster than I should. The aero penalty in this thing is extraordinary if you push much past 60mph, at least at sea level. I was hauling a** back from Sacramento a few weeks ago and was way closer to 2mi/kWh than 3.

Going to do a high-desert trip in the summer, lots above 6k’, so should be interesting to see how air density impacts observed range.

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Definitely a software defect with the calculations going on there in the previous version. The update brought you closer back to reality.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
I kicked off the update about an hour ago, and it was hung up (in the app) at ”In progress … 0%” for the first 30 minutes. Went out to the truck, and the stack display had kicked back to the initiation screen, so I re-initiated the update. 30 minutes later, ”In progress … 0%”.

Went back to the truck, display was black. Tapped it - still black. Then suddenly app updates to “In progress … 8%”. Then the app flashes a few times showing different lock/unlock state.

Going to be an amusing/terrifying few hours until the update completes.
I hope it goes well. Mine updated yesterday and was very uneventful.

Sponsored

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Here’s my before and after update range with 21s. Anyone know why I didnt get the EPA range of 314 before. What are others with 21s getting now? I pressed the Reset History button on the screen just before taking these photos.

Rivian R1T R1S 2023.02.03 update - a real nail-biter so far 1F55A1CB-8DBE-4B34-81CB-C3A833BC1948

Rivian R1T R1S 2023.02.03 update - a real nail-biter so far 048F61AE-B3DA-46AE-BAC4-D24B09120344

Last edited:

boredcleaner

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt, Model 3, R1T VIN 34XX LE Glacier White
Occupation
Engineer
On a different aspect, Driver+ seems to hunt in the lane more again.

1T2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T3YR1T
Clubs

Mine got updated Monday night. Went smoothly, probably finished within 60 mins. Full charged range 328miles in all-purpose mode.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Just got the update this afternoon. Took ~60 minutes + 1 for the FOB. Range up to 330 on Conserve from 310 previously.

LTD in CBTS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

My truck says the update is ready and I have tried 4-5 times to initiate today both from the truck and the app and it just hangs on "0%........preparing" and then defaults back to "ready for update" after about hour on no progress. Phone and truck are both well within strong Wifi range. Suggestions anyone??
Sponsored