Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Owner of solar energy business
Clubs

Yesterday she stopped kneeling when placed in park. The settings are still right and a reboot didn't fix it. Is is just me?
Sponsored

Last edited:

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
are you in sport mode?
This would be my question as well, sport low seems to be the height of kneel, sport lower is lower than kneel, I use sport lower so the dogs can get in and out easier when we take them.

If that is not the issue, turn of kneel mode next time you take the truck out. After your first stop when you get back in the truck turn kneel mode back on and see if this works. Mine stopped 1 time and that corrected it for me. Has not been an issue since.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Doesn't work if you're on much of an incline. I think it's a safety against letting too much air out.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
Doesn't work if you're on much of an incline. I think it's a safety against letting too much air out.
Yeah, mine doesn't kneel at home because I have an incline. It will let me put it in Sport Lowest though. Go figure.

Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Has to be in auto height for kneel mode to work, if you've set it to standard or some other height it will stay at that height. You also have to give it time to work before you open your door - opening your door immediately after park will stop the kneeling. Also what @Dark-Fx said about it not working on an incline.

My kneel mode is still working.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Has to be in auto height for kneel mode to work, if you've set it to standard or some other height it will stay at that height. You also have to give it time to work before you open your door - opening your door immediately after park will stop the kneeling. Also what @Dark-Fx said about it not working on an incline.

It does not need to be in Auto Height mode. I use my R1S in all purpose standard 90% of the time and kneel mode works.

Also opening the doors does stop the lowering but after they are closed it will still lower (although not immediately), as my wife always open the door before it finishes lowering, when I go to get back in it is lower.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
R1T Owners manual Page 28 provides some clarity for when it will kneel. Also won't kneel if compressor overheated.

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone else's truck stop kneeling? SmartSelect_20230619_164017_Drive

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT

Completely incorrect, unless there is a differencebetween R1T and R1S logic, which i doubt is the case. Does not have to be in auto height.

See my last post also...

R1T Owners manual Page 28 provides some clarity for when it will kneel. Also won't kneel if compressor overheated.

SmartSelect_20230619_164017_Drive.jpg

OP
OP
OUTAGAS

OUTAGAS

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Clubs

Good suggestions, but All Purpose, Auto Height, Kneel Mode activated, level garage floor--everything like it's always been. The only change on my end was to add my wife as a driver (worm can open). I'll try Bob's suggestion next drive.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Yeah, mine doesn't kneel at home because I have an incline. It will let me put it in Sport Lowest though. Go figure.
Kneel goes to low and turns off refilling until you get up to a certain speed again. Lowest will refill without driving IIRC.

usulio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Good suggestions, but All Purpose, Auto Height, Kneel Mode activated, level garage floor--everything like it's always been. The only change on my end was to add my wife as a driver (worm can open). I'll try Bob's suggestion next drive.
I think kneel is also a driver-specific setting, so it may currently be activated for you as a driver and not for her.

OP
OP
OUTAGAS

OUTAGAS

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Clubs

I think kneel is also a driver-specific setting, so it may currently be activated for you as a driver and not for her.
That was the case upon initial setup, but I corrected it. Still refusing to kneel. Maybe she's becoming self-aware?

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Also opening the doors does stop the lowering but after they are closed it will still lower (although not immediately), as my wife always open the door before it finishes lowering, when I go to get back in it is lower.
Completely incorrect, unless there is a differencebetween R1T and R1S logic, which i doubt is the case. Does not have to be in auto height.
You are both right, it says nothing about auto height.
And you are right again, it only *pauses* kneel mode when the doors are opened - I never noticed that before.

The Rivian web site says:
"Kneel mode is only available when your Rivian is in All-Purpose and Conserve with a Standard ride height"

In my vehicle on the settings page it says:
"Vehicle lowers to low ride height in All-Purpose, Conserve, and Snow for easier entry and exit"
(nothing about only working in standard height).
Sponsored