Anyone get their Tesla Adapter yet?

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
I did get notified today that we now have access to Tesla superchargers. Now all we need are adapters. I hope we are not really waiting on Tesla, that could take years.
Most people seem to believe that these are indeed being supplied to the manufacturers by Tesla.

If so, it would seem that Rivian has done the part they can do (software). Tesla has apparently also done their "half" of the software since users (Ford and Rivian) report that listed chargers do indeed work with the adapter.

Given the fact that Rivian and Ford are giving adapters to customers, Tesla's supplier would have known what the initial demand would be. It would seem the vendor, or Tesla if in house, simply can't make them fast enough......despite having several months notice regarding the targeted implementation date.
Sponsored

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Just waiting for the person complaining on April 2nd that they haven't received the email from Rivian.

OP
OP
rivianguy

rivianguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
If I had one of these, I'd try it this week, but I'll probably just wait until Rivian sends their approved version. I charge at home 95% of the time.

https://ev-lectron.com/products/lec...4PRwTfdp69cI7MauJGS_vAxxkT52RmNBoCztMQAvD_BwE
I have a road trip up to Canada in a few weeks. The fast charging infrastructure in many parts up there is really really poor at present so it would have been awesome to have one of these prior to the trip, but I'm sure that's not going to happen. Pretty awesome that the process has started however as that will be a game changer for many who live in communities where Tesla has set up the infrastructure already.

Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I have a road trip up to Canada in a few weeks. The fast charging infrastructure in many parts up there is really really poor at present so it would have been awesome to have one of these prior to the trip, but I'm sure that's not going to happen. Pretty awesome that the process has started however as that will be a game changer for many who live in communities where Tesla has set up the infrastructure already.
It's going to be a big game changer for sure. Even just driving up to SF from LA will be much better now that I can use the Tesla stations I used to use.

You could buy one of these electron versions and give it a shot - I hear they are working with the fords on the Tesla network, but of course it's not the "approved" version and that could be an issue.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Rivian is already warning about 3rd party adapters, fyi…

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone get their Tesla Adapter yet? IMG_9281

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer

IMG_9281.jpeg
"Extrapolating, we can estimate the average number of Running With Scissors incidents in the U.S. over the past five years as 131 annually. No fatalities were located."

Oh, & I have operated the vehicle with the inclinometers in the red as well.

Shhhhhhhhh
🤫

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
"Extrapolating, we can estimate the average number of Running With Scissors incidents in the U.S. over the past five years as 131 annually. No fatalities were located."

Oh, & I have operated the vehicle with the inclinometers in the red as well.

Shhhhhhhhh
🤫
Just trying to help…so many dicks on this board. lol

Sponsored

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Just trying to help…so many dicks on this board. lol
Your not wrong (on both counts), but man, you set me up for that one so well I couldn't resist!
❤

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

IMG_9281.jpeg
Ford says the same, yet people have had success using the third party adapters on Mach-E and Lightnings. .

Eric9610

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Tesla MY, MB E350, MB S550
Clubs

Ford says the same, yet people have had success using the third party adapters on Mach-E and Lightnings. .
Until a pack gets fried or your charge port becomes inoperable. Can't wait to hear a story about denied warranty on a $25k pack...

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Until a pack gets fried or your charge port becomes inoperable. Can't wait to hear a story about denied warranty on a $25k pack...
Do enlighten us on how a pass-through link is going to be responsible for "frying a pack"...
Rivian R1T R1S Anyone get their Tesla Adapter yet? da3jr7x-1e8aea8f-2675-4c24-a05c-c55066bc5901
Sponsored

Last edited: