Threads
Reaction score
Website
riviantrackr.com
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Director
Hey everyone, Jose here from RivianTrackr. I recently purchase a set of Nokian Tyres Outpost nAT in LT275/65R20. These replaced by Nitto Ridge Grapplers which replaced my stoke Pirelli Scorpion All-Terrain.

Video:

The tl;dw is:

- Conserve Mode
- Standard height (turned Auto suspension off)
- Moderate ride feel
- Set the AC to 68Âş and the lowest fan speed
- Highway Assist set to 71 mph (70 mph GPS)

I then drove 100 miles (about 50 miles in a loop). On the first leg, I had a strong headwind but on the way back that became a tailwind to counter. Here are the results for those who are tl;dw –

Total Distance: 100.8 miles
Average Speed: 68 mph
Duration: 1 hr 29 min
Efficiency: 1.94 mi/kWh
Total Energy: 51.9 kWh

My thoughts:

I really like the way they look and feel. I’m running them at a higher PSI for improved efficiency and honestly it’s not that bumpy. I might lower the PSI a bit in the coming days for testing. Super quiet and not too bad at highway speeds. 10/10 would recommend

I’ll also plug my RivianTrackr Tire Guide at https://riviantrackr.com/tires

I’ll happily answer any questions below :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kryptonlogic

Kryptonlogic

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
riviantrackr.com
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Director

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2002 Audi B5 S4 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Operations at Vermont Compost Company
Any update on these with some more miles? Did you get a sense of what range to expect in All-Purpose mode? I haven't seen these tires discussed much here or elsewhere, but they look promising, and I've read good things about them on other platforms (though there doesn't seem to be much information about these anywhere online, honestly).

Have you had a chance to run these off-road or in mud, dirt roads, or snow? How do you think these compare to the stock Pirellis on low-traction environments? How about to a more aggressive A/T like the Wildpeaks?

My dad's R1T with 18k miles has gotten very loud. He is looking for a replacement ASAP, so I've been trying to find a good recommendation for him that offers a good balance of range, noise, and capability. Most of his driving is on-road, but a fair bit is on the (often very muddy) VT back roads and on and around our Compost sites (think muddy farm roads for a decent bit of the year).

I'm about to get a demo truck with ~10k miles on stock 20" Pirellis, and will be looking for an A/T tire replacement next spring (I plan to run the stock Pirellis tires until winter tire season next fall, then get something better next Spring). I haven't decided yet whether I want a more aggressive tire for more capability (with less range), or whether I want something on par with the stock tires from a range/capability perspective. I'm very curious to hear how these Nittos compare in the mud/snow and from an off-road durability perspective.

My dad is hoping to find a tire he can run year-round that does better than the Pirellis in the winter and mud seasons (here in Vermont, it's been muddy on our dirt roads for most of a year now with the mild, wet winter we had and an extremely wet 2023 Spring/Summer/Fall). While I am strongly recommending he get a proper winter tire (most likely hakkapelittas), we'll see if he follows that recommendation. He has made it through nearly two winters on his stock Pirellis, but they are pretty squirrely on slush and ice in my opinion.

Nokian make some of the best snow tires (and basically invented them as far as I know), so these seem likely to perform better in snow than the Pirellis, but I'd be curious to know if you have any experience with any of the above conditoins. Thanks!

Last edited:

AdaminFlag

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model 3 LR, 2016 Ford Expedition
Clubs

To add to this a bit...I've been running the Nokian Outpost nAT in the 275/60R20 size that are the non-LT and have a 115 load rating. Put these on the Atomic Wheels AW10 when I got them in January. They are definitely noticeably louder than the stock Pirelli 21's, but not horribly so. Efficiency hasn't taken nearly the hit I thought it would. We did a trip from Flagstaff to the Denver area and back for spring break. Went I-40 to Gallup then cut up through Pagosa Springs, so it wasn't all super high speed, but a lot was still driven at 70-80mph. Had some fairly cold temps and some snow / slush / rain to drive through, and a couple pairs of skis on the Tyger hitch rack....still averaged about 2.05 mi/kWh for the whole trip (including around town in Denver and from Denver to Loveland Ski area in a lot of traffic a couple times). The trip projection for charge remaining on arrival has still been accurate if not even still conservative (did much better than projected from Gallup to Pagosa Springs, for example). I'm interested to see if these will do nearly as well as the stock 21's when the weather gets warmer.

Sponsored

ksurfier

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1SQM, Tesla
Clubs

To add to this a bit...I've been running the Nokian Outpost nAT in the 275/60R20 size that are the non-LT and have a 115 load rating. Put these on the Atomic Wheels AW10 when I got them in January. They are definitely noticeably louder than the stock Pirelli 21's, but not horribly so. Efficiency hasn't taken nearly the hit I thought it would. We did a trip from Flagstaff to the Denver area and back for spring break. Went I-40 to Gallup then cut up through Pagosa Springs, so it wasn't all super high speed, but a lot was still driven at 70-80mph. Had some fairly cold temps and some snow / slush / rain to drive through, and a couple pairs of skis on the Tyger hitch rack....still averaged about 2.05 mi/kWh for the whole trip (including around town in Denver and from Denver to Loveland Ski area in a lot of traffic a couple times). The trip projection for charge remaining on arrival has still been accurate if not even still conservative (did much better than projected from Gallup to Pagosa Springs, for example). I'm interested to see if these will do nearly as well as the stock 21's when the weather gets warmer.
Was that using Conserve or AP or a mix?

AdaminFlag

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model 3 LR, 2016 Ford Expedition
Clubs

Was that using Conserve or AP or a mix?
A mix of conserve, AP, and Snow. I put it in conserve on long straights when the roads were dry (with auto height, so mostly in low), AP standard height if it was raining or we were going through a mountain pass, and snow when it was, you know, snowing...Couldn't give a great estimate on miles spent in each mode.

ksurfier

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1SQM, Tesla
Clubs

That’s good info, so possible slight bias high compared to just using AP…

richpike

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover D5, Jeep JL, R1S
Hey everyone, Jose here from RivianTrackr. I recently purchase a set of Nokian Tyres Outpost nAT in LT275/65R20. These replaced by Nitto Ridge Grapplers which replaced my stoke Pirelli Scorpion All-Terrain.

Video:

The tl;dw is:

- Conserve Mode
- Standard height (turned Auto suspension off)
- Moderate ride feel
- Set the AC to 68Âş and the lowest fan speed
- Highway Assist set to 71 mph (70 mph GPS)

I then drove 100 miles (about 50 miles in a loop). On the first leg, I had a strong headwind but on the way back that became a tailwind to counter. Here are the results for those who are tl;dw –

Total Distance: 100.8 miles
Average Speed: 68 mph
Duration: 1 hr 29 min
Efficiency: 1.94 mi/kWh
Total Energy: 51.9 kWh

My thoughts:

I really like the way they look and feel. I’m running them at a higher PSI for improved efficiency and honestly it’s not that bumpy. I might lower the PSI a bit in the coming days for testing. Super quiet and not too bad at highway speeds. 10/10 would recommend

I’ll also plug my RivianTrackr Tire Guide at https://riviantrackr.com/tires

I’ll happily answer any questions below :)
Now that you're a couple months in - any update on the nATs?

-Rich

OP
OP
Kryptonlogic

Kryptonlogic

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
riviantrackr.com
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Director
Now that you're a couple months in - any update on the nATs?

-Rich
I've been loving every moment of them!

I'm at 3,685 miles with them and my average efficiency is 2.13 mi/kWh