First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T MB/BM, 2023 Tesla model X.
Occupation
MD
Anyone else having this issue? 90% of the the Tidal freezes for a few seconds about a minute or so from when I start driving, regardless of where I left from, so it’s not an internet issue. Also, more than 50% of the time Tidal gets over excited and skips to the next song about a second or two prior to the end of the current song, causing a huge anticlimax when listening so some of my favorite songs. I’m a pretty patient guy, but don’t mess with my music (or my food)
Sponsored

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Still works for me even though I cancelled it 3 months ago. No longer works on phone

OP
OP

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
MD

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Are you sure it’s not dubstep and it’s exactly how it’s supposed to sound?

Reactions: VSG

TimJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6
I have some issues with Tidal on my R1T. I have the same problems as you and I also have a few tracks where it skips during parts of a song on a playlist at the same part of the song EVERY TIME. I always thought it was a problem with Tidal until my wife got her R1S and we use my same account for Tidal with the same playlists and the same songs do not skip at all.

Sponsored

JoulesVerne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE, 2022 Ioniq 5 SEL
Same here. Pretty annoying. I assume that with the higher bitrate the app isn't doing enough buffering. Just speculation, but they might have copied/pasted the Spotify app code where that lower amount of budgeting was acceptable.

There is also a Tidal-side problem I've noticed where their encoding has skips and repeats of small sections of the song. Nothing Rivian can do about that since the songs need to be fixed by Tidal. I've heard this on the Tidal Android app.

OP
OP

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
MD
Not sure what can be done about it, but feels better now that my misery is shared by others. Very annoying!
I too have what has been described about all of a sudden the song skipping back a few seconds. None of it happens when listening on my phone.

TimJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6
Ok. Let’s look for common denominators. I have an R1T VIN 187xx March 2023 delivery. Let us know if you do or do not have the tidal problem and approximate VIN and delivery.

OP
OP

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
MD
I have VIN in the 9xxx, took delivery October 22

Stack

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model YP, Rivian R1T (Limestone, 20" AT)
Anyone else having this issue? 90% of the the Tidal freezes for a few seconds about a minute or so from when I start driving, regardless of where I left from, so it’s not an internet issue. Also, more than 50% of the time Tidal gets over excited and skips to the next song about a second or two prior to the end of the current song, causing a huge anticlimax when listening so some of my favorite songs. I’m a pretty patient guy, but don’t mess with my music (or my food)
Yes mine didn’t same thing. It’s irritating.

Sponsored

TucsonST

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch Edition, 2020 Acura RDX Advance
Occupation
Engineer
Exactly the same thing happens to me. Also, sometimes Tidal doesn't resume at all. The last track that was playing shows in the media pop-out but it does not resume, and the play button is ghosted out. I have to pull up the playlist and find the track I was on and restart it. This seems to happen more when the truck has been sitting for a while and not on a charger.

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
I thought you guys were all whiners... then I went to charge at the local EA because it is Free on Holidays... and it would stop, skip, and sometimes not play at all... Damm... now I'm the whiner.

OP
OP

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
MD
Exactly the same thing happens to me. Also, sometimes Tidal doesn't resume at all. The last track that was playing shows in the media pop-out but it does not resume, and the play button is ghosted out. I have to pull up the playlist and find the track I was on and restart it. This seems to happen more when the truck has been sitting for a while and not on a charger.
The ghosted out play button is a common occurrence in my truck as well, and lately I’ve been getting some “no media available’ notice in tidal’s Home Screen

OP
OP

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
MD
I thought you guys were all whiners... then I went to charge at the local EA because it is Free on Holidays... and it would stop, skip, and sometimes not play at all... Damm... now I'm the whiner.
Glad to welcome you to the team! 😂

chryses

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Clubs

Ok. Let’s look for common denominators. I have an R1T VIN 187xx March 2023 delivery. Let us know if you do or do not have the tidal problem and approximate VIN and delivery.
I have an R1S VIN 19XXX, Sept 2023 delivery. In addition to having all of the problems listed above, Tidal no longer shows me any album art, which makes it close to unusable when trying to search for things (lots of albums and tracks with the same name). My problems started after the last software update. Have tried logging in/out, hard and soft reboots.
Sponsored