Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
It's a nice feature, for sure. The more important feature would be showing estimated costs at the different stations in an area. Something like the way Google Maps shows gas prices directly on the map when you search for "gas station".

Next level beyond that would be to allow priority in the nav feature for cost, speed, some blend, etc.

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
I've never seen charge rates come close to 200kw even on RAN chargers. I usually get up to around 160kw peak or so. Does the Max Pack just not hit those numbers or should I get it checked out?

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The original Rivian story on charging says they are 200kW:

Rivian Charging
I know the RAN chargers are capable of 200kw, I'm saying I've never seen my vehicle charge anywhere close to 200kw. The most I've seen is probably 165-170kw on my vehicle, from any charger.

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1S
I know the RAN chargers are capable of 200kw, I'm saying I've never seen my vehicle charge anywhere close to 200kw. The most I've seen is probably 165-170kw on my vehicle, from any charger.
Then something is holding you back. I haven’t used a RAN so I don’t know what I pull but I log my charges and this is a typical DCFC charge curve (peak was 214kW but I hav seen 220kW):

Rivian R1T R1S Video: Tesla supercharging pricing / cost shows on both R1 screens while charging 1711069211473-4r

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Then something is holding you back. I haven’t used a RAN so I don’t know what I pull but I log my charges and this is a typical DCFC charge curve (peak was 214kW but I hav seen 220kW):

1711069211473-4r.png
And you have a Max Pack as well?

Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
I wonder if the pricing information is coming from the internet or directly through the charge cable.

Will you still have live charge price if you're in a cell phone dead zone?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I've never seen charge rates come close to 200kw even on RAN chargers. I usually get up to around 160kw peak or so. Does the Max Pack just not hit those numbers or should I get it checked out?
To see it over 200 kW you need to be at a pretty low state of charge and have had the battery preconditioned or at an optimum temperature.

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
It's a nice feature, for sure. The more important feature would be showing estimated costs at the different stations in an area. Something like the way Google Maps shows gas prices directly on the map when you search for "gas station".

Next level beyond that would be to allow priority in the nav feature for cost, speed, some blend, etc.
I think I can help on this:
Price: RAN, Tesla, everything else is a ripoff
Speed: RAN, Tesla, everything else is a roulette wheel
Reliability: RAN, Tesla, everything else is occupied or broken
Set your nav to RAN, Tesla, and simplify your life. LOL

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I think I can help on this:
Price: RAN, Tesla, everything else is a ripoff
Speed: RAN, Tesla, everything else is a roulette wheel
Reliability: RAN, Tesla, everything else is occupied or broken
Set your nav to RAN, Tesla, and simplify your life. LOL
EA often has better prices than Tesla, whose prices can change by time of day.

Also, stopping now at 20% for a Tesla station vs later when at 10% at an EA might be faster overall.
Sponsored