Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

Ric G

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, BMW E30M3, Suzuki SJ410, Mercedes EQB300
Occupation
Self Employed
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but why can't the front camera turn on when the sensors detect an object in front of the vehicle? Obviously if they can code the driver info screen to show the warning bars they could add an option to trigger the center screen to switch to front camera view. I know you can select Reverse then Drive again to turn on the front camera but that is just silly when it could easily be automated.
Sponsored

Rainman

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Taycan
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but why can't the front camera turn on when the sensors detect an object in front of the vehicle? Obviously if they can code the driver info screen to show the warning bars they could add an option to trigger the center screen to switch to front camera view. I know you can select Reverse then Drive again to turn on the front camera but that is just silly when it could easily be automated.
I would love to see this too. Our Taycan does it and it is a great feature.

rivian.nyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
PAAK
Fix PAAK. Used to work perfectly. Now only works if I take phone out and open app.

AUDIO SETTINGS
Let us save custom eq audio balance/fade settings. So we dont have to readjust everytime between being alone in car and having passengers

TUNE IN SETTINGS
Let tune-in stay where u left it instead of going home everytime. ‘Favorites’ is where we usually start

roberttatefan

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, S7, Exocet, JGC
I really wish when driving with the tailgate is down, that the overhead above the bed rear facing camera could be seen inside on the screen.
I believe they mentioned this was coming. I believe NHTSA has to review each individual camera for latency, perspective etc., so once they clear it, this should be in the near future. Personally, I want this for towing, too.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I believe they mentioned this was coming. I believe NHTSA has to review each individual camera for latency, perspective etc., so once they clear it, this should be in the near future. Personally, I want this for towing, too.
I agree it is probably something like this, but the rather funny outcome is that when the tailgate is down now, all we have is a camera facing directly into the ground, instead of any back up camera at all.

Sponsored

Jakelake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
retired
When cruise control is engaged and while driving on a slightly curved highway that bends to the left, as I approach a big truck to pass on the left the cruise control will aggressively apply brakes, disengage, and the R1T slows rapidly. This only happens when the road curves to the left and passing on the left. The road curve can be very slight. I-80 between Colorado and Salt Lake City has lots of slight and aggressive turns that make driving with cruise control engaged difficult.

xyskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 4Runner, Sprinter
Occupation
Surgeon, engineer
I want a "load mode" so that the front suspension is in the highest setting and the rear suspension is in the lowest setting to facilitate loading dogs into the cargo area. Kneel mode insufficient for our pups. Getting a ramp/steps which is a bit of a PITA.

Ronimal

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Jeep Wagoneer
SMS / Text message integration. Not asking for Carplay here but I think Carplay does this well. Notifies of new messages, reads them to you, allows you to respond via voice.

Turn on camera when pulling forward into a parking spot, or give me a quick way to activate. I end up fumbling thru the menu or doing the quick reverse, un-reverse maneuver on the stalk to fire up the camera.

I like the look and UI of the maps. I wish routing and traffic detection were better. I don't trust the Nav to choose the best route based on traffic, construction, etc and I always double check against google maps before choosing a route in the truck. This is lame. Even by doing this it does not reroute mid-drive based on changing conditions, accidents, etc. Not sure what Rivian uses for its traffic / construction / routing data but this seems to be the weak link.

Departure scheduling would be nice to optimize charging and preconditioning of the cabin/battery.

Integrated apple and amazon music.

Id like a mode for long stretches of driving. "Cruise" mode? "Buick" Mode? "Smoov mode?"...anyway focus on eliminating any road feedback. ease up on accelerator input. tune down regen. lighten steering input a touch.

Enable rear climate controls. I thought I heard this was possible, but not yet activated.

Keep picking away at vampire drain.

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Split the buttons for AC/Heat.

verchalent

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
- SMS integration (Cars have had this for ages)
-Android Auto/Car Play (fixes the above and give tons more audio/nav/etc options)
- Upper camera on when towing/tailgate open
- Ability to change wake word for Alexa
- Ability to discover voice commands more easily (often can't figure out how the hell to get Alexa to to X when driving)

Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Long press of either front seat heat/ventilate control gives option to choose other mode or tall slider with high heat (3) at top and fast fan (3) at bottom.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I listen to a lot of podcasts and I want an on-screen control to skip back or forward by x seconds. This may be configurable in the app, but I know in CarPlay I see the same back 10 seconds or forward 30 seconds I have setup on my phone. This would be especially useful in the Rivian since the native system defaults to playing when the vehicle unlocks, requiring me to go back a bit to catch what I missed.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Two per-driver options for the audio system power state...
Exiting: Turn off when parked and driver's door opened -or- stay on until locked (I want it to turn off when parked but others may not)
Returning: Turn on when unlocked -or- Turn on when started/brake depressed -or- Stay off (I want it to turn on when started but others may not)

edit:clarity

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Split the buttons for AC/Heat.
Or at least give the button 4 states you can cycle through: 1) all off/vent only, 2) heat only, 3) a/c only, 4) heat+a/c

racekarl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
I listen to a lot of podcasts and I want an on-screen control to skip back or forward by x seconds. This may be configurable in the app, but I know in CarPlay I see the same back 10 seconds or forward 30 seconds I have setup on my phone. This would be especially useful in the Rivian since the native system defaults to playing when the vehicle unlocks, requiring me to go back a bit to catch what I missed.
I'm not in my truck right now, but isn't this how it already works when listening to a podcast on Spotify? I know the steering wheel buttons skip forward and back 15 seconds when listening to a podcast, and I could have sworn the on-screen buttons in the fly-out did the same thing.
Sponsored